Thought I was done with this post, but this song is playing over and over in my head. At least in all the chaos, this is true. Can't wait to hear Lindsay sing this on Sunday.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
In a weird spot..
For the past couple of weeks, I just can't shake that feeling that I/We aren't doing what we're supposed to in life right now. Love my husband, family, house, church, so it's really irking me to feel so unsettled. Randy's feeling the same way. Really hard for us because we can't imagine really being anywhere else..still hoping that God has more for us to do here, but I can't tell if it's that I want to be here or I need to be here. I just know that right now as a family, we're not serving in the capacity God's called us to...Ugghh....just when you start really feeling comfy with life, God always likes to throw a wrench in there. Pray for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Laci, Know that me and Paul will be praying for you all. Also know that God is not concerned with our comfort - he wants us to be content. And I know that you and Randy will not be content if you are not serving Him in the ways that He has gifted you. Who is this singing this song? I like it. Mimi
ReplyDeleteHey girl~
ReplyDeleteFrank and I have felt this way for a really long time. Neither of us will be satisfied just going to work (even though we consider it our ministry as we work for God and not a Boss) and just helping out church when we can and raising our children (and then that's it). We both feel (as your family does) that there is something more God has called us to do but with us being (many years : ) older than both of you, we "think" we figured it out and you will too. For us,we think we are called to do medical mission trips togehter with our children as a family. Frank as the physician on site and myself as a Child Life Specialist doing what I can to help. We also feel we have been called to adopt children. It's *SO* crazy though because I always thought of adoption in a real "fluffy" way like, "Oh that would be so nice to do one day- but never actually really doing it" but now it's obvious to us that is what God has called us to do. And the neat thing is, if we adopt a 4 year old in 4 years, our child is being born right now!! As far as the medical mission trips- that terrifies me. I like being in my nice safe cozy home and can't even imagine being in a different country with my children there!! Even though I am scared I know it's what we are supposed to do. With that said- do you think you know what it is God wants you to do but it's too scary to go there? Although it's not an easy place to be (unsure of where you are headed), I think it is so awesome that you both are even realizing this and asking for prayer. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your family.
Thanks guys :)
ReplyDeleteThe song is by Brooke Fraser. She sings with hillsong. Just about everything she does is so good!!