Saturday, April 4, 2009

Healthy for now..

I know I always say that we've had a "busy" week, but we had a seriously busy week this week!! Randy is finally feeling well after a scary round with Rotavirus. He got so dehydrated from the virus that he became septic and basically started to go into shock. After 2 nights in the hospital and a TON of IV fluid, antibiotics, etc., he is finally back to normal. It made for a scary, trying, time, but thankfully it all worked out. I am completely exhausted!

I have been reading and keeping up with little Baby Jonah's blog and am amazed at what this tiny baby has been through. Through that blog, I started reading about Baby Stellan. Every time I read these updates about two tiny babies fighting for health, I am completely overcome with emotion. On one hand they are so inspiring and encouraging because of the baby's progress and the parent's faith, but I also find myself feeling guilty for taking my families health for granted. I can't imagine what those mom's are going through. Thank you Lord for blessing us with Ella who has been healthy and wonderful. I pray that Noah will get here safe and healthy, too.

Found out through Mckmama's blog (Stellan's Mom) that some of the people who sell on Etsy are donating a percentage of their profit in honor of Stellan to bless the family. You just have to type Stellan into the search bar to pull up all of the vendors participating. I LOVE looking through all of the handmade stuff. There's just so many cute things to choose from. I've decided that since it's going to a good cause...Noah just has to have this burp cloth..ya know, to support baby Stellan! :)
Hope that you will take the time to check out their blogs and say a prayer for these sweet babies.

Did I mention I'm so thankful for this healthy, silly, girl??
Notice the shoes on the wrong feet that she put on all by herself. She has started changing shoes several times during the day just for the fun of it!

1 comment:

  1. oooh gosh. I'm so glad Randy is ok!
    scary is right.
    and yes.
    babyNoah for sure needs that burp cloth (how cute!) :)
    like I needed another reason to shop etsy..ha! xe

    ReplyDelete