Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ella's New Bed!


Last night marked a big accomplishment for our self proclaimed "Big Girl". We really wanted to get her out of the crib before the new baby was born. I had been debating this in my head for awhile. With Ella, we didn't put her in the crib in her room until she was probably 4 or 5 months old. Up until then she stayed in the bassinet in my room. This left us "options" on whether we would move Ella into a bigger bed after her 2nd Birthday or go ahead and do it now.

Obviously we decided to go ahead and get her situated. We have been telling her all last week that she was getting a "Big Girl Bed" soon. We made it a really big deal that she was getting a special bed and she could give her crib to Noah. She has been really excited. So yesterday, Randy set up the new bed and we took down the crib. This was a little harder on me than I expected lol. I was so caught up in the excitement with Ella that I didn't really think about how HUGE she would look laying in a bed. Or how "big" her room would look without her crib in it. It didn't help that I had spent the whole morning packing up the clothes she had outgrown.
I'm sure you're all thinking, "Well, at least you have another baby coming!" which is true and I can't wait, but it still won't take away the bittersweet feeling of seeing Ella grow up. We all had fun getting the room situated and remembering when Randy put the crib up while I was pregnant with Ella. So sweet.

I can't wait for Noah to meet Ella, because he sure does have one sweet big sister!!

Of course no "new bed" post would be complete without the pictures :)

Ella waking from her last nap in her crib..

Ella and her new bed!!


Resting in her new bed :)
She did awesome last night. I expected to have her come into my room this morning, but she still just sat in her bed yelling, "Mommy!!!!!!". So we'll see how long it takes her to get brave and start venturing out. She's napping right now and so far it's quiet and she's actually in the bed...so we'll see how it ends :)

*Update- 3/26/09*
Ella has slept in her new bed now 2 nights and napped 2 times a day each day that she's had it. She is doing great!! She goes right to bed and still will actually wait for me to come and tell her when she can get out of bed. We're so proud of her!! Yay Ella!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so exciting! She looks so happy in her new bed and now you are another step closer to getting ready for the new baby. I'm sure going through all her clothes was not easy~ my neice is 5 years old and (thankfully)my sister saved all her clothes. She said it was hard going through everything as well when she pulled out the earlier stuff for me. It all brings back memories I'm sure. I will be doing the same soon enough. But Ella looks so adorable and seems to be all smiles in her new "big girl" bed. No matter how big she gets, she will always be your "little" girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laci, This is so exciting and the new bed is so cute! My son is getting pretty handy, isn't he? You know what they say - Necessity is the mother of invention - and of learning new skills! I'm surprised she stayed in her bed without getting up. You are blessed with a wonderful little girl, even if I am a little biased! Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete