Friday, March 27, 2009

Triple Coupon Week..

I love saving my family money!! Randy works so hard to provide well for us and keep us from going without. I used to find that since I didn't have an actual income that I felt really helpless when it came to our bills and finances. One way I have found that I can help out and "contribute" to our bank account is by saving money in any area I can. I have been a little slack lately about using coupons and keeping up with the good deals around town, so last month I decided to start working hard and paying attention again. I'm so glad I did!

Today at Harris Teeter I bought a lot of stuff. My out of pocket expense was higher than it usually is when I do triples, but I purchased a lot of "high dollar" or more expensive items like baby wipes and cleaning supplies. It's great to be able to buy them with coupons because it lowers their price so much..

So today (after 2 stores, 2 balloons, and 2 cookies!) here's how I did:

The first stop I used the maximum amount of coupons allowed (20) and my total should have been: $95.16, but ended up being $40.83 with a total savings of : $54.33

The Second stop I only used 10 coupons that I had left over. My total should have been $35.76, but ended up being $16.04 with a total saving of $19.72

so...my total savings for the day was $74.05
Woo Hoo!

Here's a pic of purchases and of course my little shopping side kick :)
As usual, I want to give a BIG Thank you to Barbara, who showed me the ropes on using coupons!! For those of you in Greenville, she is now even offering classes and workshops you can host in your home to learn with your friends. Check out her BLOG for more info or to see the latest deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment