Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mondays Update on...Wednesday :)

Ok so I once again said I would update you on Monday, but I forgot. I have no other good reason except that I was a bad blogger. Shame on me! I'm sorry. lol.

SO! For those of you who know and those who don't, we have been trying to sell our Nissan Altima for probably 6 months now with no luck. After taking the Financial Peace class at church, we have been really wanting to live as debt free as possible. Some very good friends of ours GAVE us an accord because they wanted to help us out. We have been trying to decide what to do about the Altima since it's worth a lot less than what we would have to sell it for to pay off the loan. (and nobody seemed willing to buy it!) We decided this past week to trade in the Altima and Randy's Civic towards a used minivan that we could pay off and keep as our family grows. So on Friday we bought an 01' Chrystler Town and Country. We have significantly reduced our debt (by almost 10, 000 dollars!!) and our monthly payment. So yes, over here at the Strickland household we are fitting the mold pretty well as we have become a minivan driving family in our 20's..lol Now I just need one of those soccer ball stickers! lol ;)
But seriously, God has taken great care of us and we are really happy with the results.
And a few pictures of Miss Ella, too! On Saturday she took a spill on a curb she was trying to climb. She scraped up her nose pretty bad. I'm just so glad I wasn't there (I was at work when it happened) because I don't think I could have stayed as calm.
I must say though that she still looks pretty cute though, even with a busted nose..poor girl..

5 comments:

  1. I think Valerie has stock in "soccer mom paraphernalia" and may even have a an sticker or two lieing around her house!!! (luv u Val)
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long before you get some of those stick figures on the back like everyone has?

    Derick Shipley

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I posted a comment yesterday, but I guess it didn't take...
    I was going to say I could help you with soccer paraphernilia as Anna commented! lol
    Soccer moms rule! And Ella can start as young as 4 in some places!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool car!!!!! nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to see it to believe it - mini van? It is pretty, though. Good choice, good quality van. But watch out for Faith Hill cds floating around on the floor boards!!! that's when light poles attack. sorry. couldn't resist. when we drive down Windy, the kids say "There's Laci's pole." It's so casual, too, that it's hysterical.

    ReplyDelete