Yesterday Randy was pulling up the weed block in the flower bed to pull out a weed, and he found them..the grub snail like things that have been eating my Hosta's!! Yay for Randy! And Yay for Hazel who told me it was snails!! We went crazy with the salt trying to kill them all and also put out little cups of beer under all of the plants (thanks again Hazel). Apparently they will try and drink the beer and basically drown themselves in it. I have a couple of pics of them, beware they're pretty gross. Also, more to come of the "beer traps" we caught 3 already- woo hoo! It's probably going to take awhile to catch them all, I think we have an infestation!!


Also, this morning I went coupon shopping because it's triple coupon weekend at Harris Teeter again-yay! I didn't do as much as usual. In the past I have had to ring my stuff up in 4 seperate orders because I've used the max amount of coupons allowed. lol. But this time I only cashed out twice. I'm still pretty pleased with the results though. I just love that when it's triples I can buy higher priced iteams that I normally wouldn't pay the extra money for. I love how much stuff you can get for under a dollar, too!!
Here's what I got:

The total should have come to
$129.09, but instead it cost me
$62.19. I had a total savings of
$66.90! Woo Hoo!!
I knew a couple of guys that used to drown themselves in beer too; but that's a whole other story!!
ReplyDeleteI am starting to be more 'coupon' conscious. I wish we had a place down here that did triple, even double, coupon days... but there aren't any...
ReplyDeletegood for you!
I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS! I missed ANOTHER triple coupon weekend. :(
ReplyDeleteMiss you all. Thanks for your prayers!
Those things look like slugs to me. We used to have them in Oregon. They would eat everything in our flower beds and leave slimy trails as they crawl along. We used to leave little beer traps in tuna cans for them. And salt melts the little things. Kinda like in the Wizard of Oz. We never got rid of them. You just have to be diligent in keeping up with the beer and salt.
ReplyDeleteEwwww....beer and salt works??? Thanks for the tip.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the triples. I found out the were doing inventory Friday and that is why their shelves were bare. I missed my partners in savings!!