For those of you on facebook, I'm sure you've been following Randy's most recent adventure. Last week, he was up all night Thursday night with bad stomache pains that wouldn't go away. By Friday morning they were getting worse and nothing seemed to help relieve them. I was supposed to work so I called his brother Justin and asked if he could come help Randy watch the kids while I was gone so Randy could rest. Well, by the time Justin was heading over, the pains were becoming unbearable to Randy. We decided with the help of a friend, that Randy needed to go to the ER for some testing. Once we got there, they gave Randy some Morphine to get him resting comfortably and ordered the CT. A huge jug of contrast and one CT scan later, and they were prepping the OR. Randy definitely had appendicitis and they wanted to remove it before it had a chance to rupture. By that evening his appendix was long gone!! His recovery has been fairly smooth. He's still sore, but he is a trooper. We are so thankful that everything went well and the Doctors were able to catch this in time!


I hope all that stomach was from the contrast he had to drink!
ReplyDeleteOh my! I am so sorry I didn't even know about this. I'm not sure what it happened but we missed church last week and I am not on facebook anymore. Plus, Frank is in the heart center this month and I'm in the NICU with the babies so we missed him in the ED. Wish we could have stopped by : / I am so glad he is feeling better now though. That's good to hear! : ))
ReplyDeleteI almost called you Michelle, because I couldn't remember which department you were in now. It all happened really fast so it was kinda crazy! Glad your internship is going well!!! We'll see you tomorrow and we'll catch up :)
ReplyDelete