Friday, September 25, 2009

Week In the Life

Day 4
Thursday

After yet another long night with Noah (not sure what his deal is?) I woke up and began the morning routine. Hurried to get yesterday's blog up during Ella's room time so that I could get it over with. Plus I've found that the longer I wait, the harder it is to remember stuff. lol.

Noah had a blowout. And apparently when I "cleaned" him up I didn't realize that it got on his sides, too. And I'm ashamed to say I still didn't see it until I looked at these pictures this morning and thought...eww!!!
Also, thought I would give you a peek of my stash that Ella refers to as "Mommy's chocolate"

Then..after getting all the kiddos clothed and dresses. And packing lunches, drinks,towels, sunscreen..all the good stuff that a BEACH trip needs..we hit the road!

Yes, I'm so so excited. We actually went to the beach. I think I've only been to the beach like once or twice since I moved here. SO sad. Because I love the beach!
Ella once again decided she did not want a picture taken.

Had to stop on the way out of town to grab a few more things.
And I smiled when I saw that the pumpkins were out. I love Fall. Besides Christmas..it's my favorite time of the year. Pumpkin Spice everything and sweaters and perfect park weather. So wonderful.
Felt kinda creepy taking pictures out of my car window while waiting for Randy to come back out. LOL.

Had to make a ton of stops on the way to the beach for a little girl who had to pee. And at least one for a little boy who wanted milk. Two hours later..we finally arrive at the beach :)

And it was the most perfect, beautiful, beach day!!
We took Noah down to check out the water. He wasn't really interested. Then we got him all settled in. We put him in his carseat, pulled his shade over, and then ghetto rigged Ella's Hello Kitty umbrella on top. Yes, I realize this sounds incredibly redneck, but we stopped to try and buy ourselves a big beach umbrella and had no luck. I am going to search Wal Mart this week and see if I can find a good deal on one to put aside for next Summer. But for this trip..desperate times called for desperate measures.

and Noah thought his nice, shady carseat was awesome.
Neither of our children like the water, but we still managed to get some pics. We were pretty bummed that Ella was scared of it. Maybe next year she'll like it.
Noah hung out..and we played in the sand..
These next pictures are favorites. Yes. I asked my husband if I could bury him because I'm immature like that. And because I thought it would be fun. And it was :)Tried to get showered and as much of the sand as possible gone. Then loaded up and started the drive home. Another long drive.


Back at home had to give both the kiddos baths. Even little Noah had sand all stuck in his neck and rolls!

Then polished Ella's nails because she's been asking me alot and I haven't taken the time to do it for her. She was happy and they look super cute.

As the hours passed my nice sunburn began to show. I know this sounds insane, but I purposely didn't put sunscreen on so that I could get alot of sun (aka a sunburn) since this is most likely my last real opportunity. I'm white. Really white. And this is how I get a little bit of color. I completely know better. I'm an esthetician. Skin Care is what I know. But do as I SAY..not as I DO! :-)
Still...you can have a laugh at my goofy tan lines..They have already faded significantly as I'm writing this, but they were lookin' really nice last night....

Told you we're obsessed. lol.

After baths and all that good stuff we put the kids to bed.
Randy and I layed on the couch, watched a movie, and ate yummy cheesecake bites.
Then off to bed.

4 comments:

  1. The first time we took Randy to the beach, he did a number in his bathing suit. They didn't have swimmer diapers then. And wouldn't you know it, Justin did the same thing the first time we took him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the boys were about 4 and 6 we went to Siesta Key and I let them bury me in the sand. Their dad decided I needed to look like Dolly Parton so he added some points of interest! I was not happy then, but it is kinda funny now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, that's too funny because I was tempted to add them to Randy's chest!! Decided to resist the urge and let him be. He said he remembered that Justin and his Dad did that to him once, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's somewhere in between 3 and 4 months that the little guys go through yet ANOTHER growth spurt. Andrew is waking up again around 3 times each night and is always seemingly starving!!! Perhaps Andrew sent Noah a memo...lol. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete