Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Week In The Life

Okay, something new for you this week!!
I have *loved* reading Erica's blog this week while she documented "A Week in the Life"..basically you just take pictures throughout your day and blog about what you did. It also gives you a great opportunity to scrap the whole thing and have a little memory of what your life was like. (We'll see how that goes for me, since I'm still working on ELLA'S baby album..pretty sure the last page I did was "Ella Comes Home from the Hospital"..yes folks, I'm that behind!!!!!)
But I do plan to add these to the "Needs to be Scrapped" pile..
Anyways, I'm off track...So for the rest of this week, you will have a glimpse into the chaos that I call life :) Hope you enjoy...and I really hope that some of you will try it, too!
Okay, here goes!!
Week In The Life Day 1
Monday

Wake up at 7:00am and head straight for Noah's room in a hurry so that I can make the crying stop!! He last ate at 8:30pm the night before so when he woke up, he was ready to eat!!!
Feed and pump, then put him back to bed.
Head for the kitchen...
Take care of milk first (I know this pic will freak some of you out, but this is real life people!!)
then grab some Mt. Dew (my coffee of choice) and a mini Hershey's Candy Bar..I know I'm horrible, but I'm just being honest...
Then, I head for the computer and usually bounce around from facebook, email, blogs...lots of mindless stuff that I enjoy. This is my calm before the storm. Sometimes I get a couple of hours, sometimes only minutes. Today I got 28 minutes.
Then I heard Ella yelling that she needs to go potty..
Got her all ready for the day and out of jammies..she insisted on wearing this little butterfly Barrett that Mrs. Cannon gave her at church, in her hair. It made her little "spout" stand up straight. Cracks me up, but it was too cute.

After she's all together, she usually has "Room Time" where she has to play with the toys in her room while I go and get myself all dressed and do any little stuff that needs to be done.Today she decided to work on her Fancy Nancy Sticker Book :)

Ella's dressed. I'm dressed. Then I head out to the living room to get the oldest up. She's kind of like the Teenager of the family. And her name is Princess. She REALLY likes to sleep, so when I flick on the lights, this is the stretch and face she gives me.


LOL.

Breakfast. A little bit of cleaning/straightening. Another feeding with Noah. And lots of Daddy-Daughter playtime. Wrestling. Throwing the 2 year old across the room and onto the couch. Hanging her upside down by her feet. Fun Stuff. And the reward for all this playtime, is this sweet smile.

A short time later, Ella, Noah, and I load up to go grab two of Ella's bestest friends for our Monday playdate. They come over for a few hours each Monday and Wednesday..Ella loves this and asks a million times if Hannah and Sarah are coming to her house and her room. Very fun!!
I call my Mama on the car ride over just to talk. We talk about a bunch of random stuff which I love. And I love that my mom and sister are my best friends. :))
We all arrive back at my house. And the girly fun begins.

I just had to post this next picture. Sarah has been dying to hold our bird, but usually while they're over, Randy is at work. And I love to talk to the bird, feed the bird, but hold the bird?? Not so much. Honestly, I'm too scared to try and pick him up. Today, Randy had a good 30 minutes or so before he had to leave, so he helped Sarah get "Superman" out and hold him. And she was so nervous, but so happy.

About this time, I hear crying coming from the carseat on the couch..(where Noah has been sleeping since we got home).

So, it's back to my faithful rocking chair for yet, another meal :)Next on the list..some yummy coffee goodness..as I like to call this ;)
Unload the dishwasher and decide what to make the kiddos for lunch.Go play with the girls for awhile and smile. Because the way girls play is just so cute. Wonder why the stuff that is life and work when you're an adult, is so fun to play when you're a little girl..?


Above: Princess was very excited that she got to play, too. She got to play the part as their dog (go figure) so she wandered around in the castle and spent some time guarding out front as well :)
While I was making lunch and opening this can of Spaghetti-O's, I realized that there are only a few months left until I have to become "neutral". What I mean is that it is completely habit to grab the "girly" version of everything. Only a few months until I will have to make the switch and just grab the regular can. lol. I can't buy the "boy" or the "girl"..just the middle ground lol.

It's usually around lunch time that Ella starts appearing ready for a nap. And acting that way, too.


Lunch is served to the girls.

And about the time I take my first bite...I hear the familiar sounds of Noah..awake and ready to eat, too!After lunch, the girls run off to make the most of their last hour together, and a now happy and full baby keeps me company while I do the lunch dishes.

Later we take the girl's back home. Talk with my mom again (can't remember why I called. Probably just to chat.). Potty (Ella- not me!). Nap for Ella. Feed Noah. Straighten the house. Nap for Noah. Lay on the couch and try to sleep. Decide not to.

Spot some remains from the "Dentist Office" that the girls were playing earlier. Laugh and take it back to the sink. Feel kinda bad for whoever had to be the patient. That's alot of Novocaine.

Jot down a couple of things on a shopping list and debate whether or not to take a picture and show you my "shopping list pad". I'm a sucker for my sweet two year old who insisted I get "that one!!!!" because it had her favorite little red guy on it. The lengths I will go to for a smile. Gotta love some Target :)Baked cookie brownie bars for small group. Started dinner.

My hubby thought he would help me out with my "pictures thing" and take one of me cooking. post laying on the couch almost napping. (and haven't looked in the mirror since). Also debated not putting this one in. lol.

Eat dinner (meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and baked beans), run around like crazy to clean up kitchen, change clothes, put on makeup, feed Noah, pack toys and snacks, check diaper bag to make sure it's stocked, and finally hit the road for small group.

Come home. Randy got Ella in jammies and read stories. I fed Noah and got him in jammies.

Had to get a pic of Noah "kickin' it old school" in his Daddy's old jammies. Cute.

This is my book pile on my night stand. Very typical me to have more than one reading source going at once. I'm reading Captivating again because last time I didn't finish it all the way and I think I could use the refresher. Had to take a break from "A Man Called Dave" because The Mother in that book seriously started giving me nightmares. I will finish it soon, but it's the third in a series and I needed a mental break from the crap that guy went through. And always a magazine for fun mindless reading.

Reading and Lights out. *Sigh*

4 comments:

  1. OH!
    Can I tell you how excited I am that you're doing this?!
    SOooo excited!

    I love the shots of the girls playing...too cute. :)
    xxe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Kinda forgot what it takes to care for two kids all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a super mom!!! Love the caffine shots. I can relate. That's what I do when it's nap time. i grab caffine. Too much fun. Ella's lucky to have friends to play with. Eden would love to have some.

    ReplyDelete