Saturday, July 12, 2008

July 12, 2008

Today is the day I have excitedly anticipated and yet dreaded at the same time. Our little baby is 1. It's been the most wonderful year and we are thankful for every single moment that we have been blessed with. I still can't believe she is already 1, but I am excited to watch her as I know this next year will be FULL of new changes.

Happy Birthday Ella, we love you!!


Ella Grace Strickland

Born: July 12, 2007

10:45 pm

6lbs 11.4 oz


Here are some of my favorite blogs since Ella was born, I hope you enjoy looking back with us!

*Ella's Arrival (starts at the bottom of the page)




and..



Also, since today is Saturday, I am going to post the song I chose for Then sings my soul..

This week I have chosen:

"Find Your Wings" by Mark Harris

This song was popular around the time I was pregnant with Ella and I would hum and sing it to her even before she was born. I will still occasionally sing it to her when she is sick or cuddling. It has great lyrics and sums up my desire for her.I hope you enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. Has it really been a whole year since "E.G." entered this world...I still remember Kelley and I calling her "Esmerela Gertude"!!

    Happy Birthday Miss Ella Grace!!! And, BTW I am extremely gratefully that Auntie Kelley and I were wrong on the name choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that song. I went out and bought his CD just for that one song. As a matter of fact, I am teary as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ella.....

    Miss you guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1st Birthday Miss Ella. May your next year be filled with awe and wonder as you learn so many new things. You are loved by many people.

    Love the song pick. I cried as I listened to it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Laci. So glad that we get to be a part of Ella's life and share this stuff with you guys - and of course it gives Hannah someone to train in the ways of terrorism!

    Thanks for the song pick too. This sissy boy cried thinking about his kids growing up. Man, only 6-8 years left with Tyler! Dang

    ReplyDelete