Monday, February 3, 2014

New beginnings....

Well, it's official!  First day of homeschool is nearly complete and we are all still smiling.  I think I'll call it a win!  I have spent weeks preparing and organizing, but I still felt a little frazzled when it was time to start. I suppose I was just nervous that I had forgotten some super duper  important subject without which she will never get into college.  ;) But a little prayer and a couple of deep breaths later.. we got started and did just fine.  We loved it.  I'm looking forward to finding our way the next couple of weeks.  In the world of homeschool curriculum there are so many options.  I feel like what we have so far is a great start, but there are so many other options to try, too.  I'm excited to see what things we enjoy and don't enjoy so that we can continue to establish our school routine. 
 
We took a few pictures this morning to share :)
 
 




So thankful to have more time with this precious girl!!  Ella, you are loved more than you will ever know!



I also wanted to share a few pictures from Ella's last day of school.  Her teacher was so sweet and supportive of this whole transition.  She has been amazing.  On Friday, she threw Ella a "Happy Homeschooling" farewell party. It was so special to Ella.  She had a few tears on the way home thinking about the parts of school she will miss so much, but she is excited to visit her friends and see them all at dance and around town.  She's also excited to be able to visit with her homeschooled friends more often now that she wont be so busy . 

On Thursday, Ella and I made these little gifts for her classmates.  Thank you Pinterest ;)
"I'm going to miss you to...Pieces!"
 


 I baked some yummy cupcakes that Ella decorated with candies to share with her friends!


She had the perfect last day of school!  Not only did she have her goodbye party, but she also had two other exciting treats.  First, she had show and tell and was finally able to take her American Girl doll, Bella to school with her!  This was really exciting for Ella since she has been *dying* to take her in.  Next, her class earned a party that day for good behavior so she was able to bring in an electronic to play with and wear her PJs!  Very fun.  It was a great day and Noah enjoyed getting to come join in on the fun, too!









1 comment: