Monday, May 28, 2012

Brat Fest!

Yesterday afternoon we decided to go check out the Brat Fest in Madison.  We made plans to go on Saturday, but it was so rainy and yucky that we decided not to.  Randy loves brats so he really wanted to check it out.  Both of us are always up for any kind of festival so we hoped in the car after Randy's baseball game and rode out there.  When we first arrived it was HOT.  It was at least 90 degrees and the sun was blazing. 



We let the kids pick one ride to go on.  After circling the midway over and over, they both agreed that the airplanes looked the most fun!  The last few times that we bought tickets for fair rides they both burst into tears and the attendant had to stop the ride so they could get off.  Go figure this time (when we only pulled enough money out of the ATM for food) they actually had a great time and really loved it! They were good sports though and were totally fine with just riding one time.


They were really excited to see the Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile was there, too!





 I've been a sucker for the goldfish game since I was a little girl so we had to stop and try our luck.  Apparently we have none since we didn't even get close to winning!  It was fun trying though!



 My two silly gooseys!


 These next pictures do no justice at all to the amount of grills they had going at once!  There were several rows of grills all cooking up hundreds of brats at once..




 We found some really nice shade near the water under a big weeping willow.  The kids ate and ran around while we listened to some live music.  Once the sun started going down the weather was absolutely perfect!  We always enjoy picnicking especially when there is live music and beautiful weather to enjoy!
 I'm not much of a brat fan, but Randy said they were pretty yummy.  The kids and I ate hot dogs and guzzled water trying to stay cool :))




It was definitely a great day with my sweet babies and hubby!

 We loved the big willow tree so much we decided it was time for an impromptu photo session, too! It's been awhile since I took some nice shots of the kiddos!  I think I may print a couple of these to hang in my wayyy outdated frames on the walls.  Time to refresh them!

Noah James!


Seriously ya'll???  How grownie is my baby girl?!


My big boy who will be three in just a couple weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Who are those grown up looking kids? They are getting so darn big! I've also never seen you with glasses before. You are looking very studious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well apparently Ella and Noah aren't the only ones getting older! Looks like my eyes aren't as good as they used to be! I had to get glasses at my last eye exam! I'm still trying to get used to them, but they have made a huge difference and really helped some headaches and dizziness I was having that lead me to make the appointment..

    ReplyDelete