1 Good friend, take heart what I'm telling you; collect my counsels and guard them with your life. 2 Tune your ears to the world of Wisdom; set your heart on a life of Understanding. 3 That's right- if you make insight your priority, and won't take no for an answer, 4 Searching for it like a prospector panning for gold, like an adventurer on a treasure hunt, 5 Believe me, before you know it Fear-of-God will be yours; you'll have come upon the Knowledge of God.
6 And here's why: God gives out Wisdom free, is plain spoken in Knowledge and Understanding. 7 He's a rich mine of Common Sense for those who live well, a personal bodyguard to the candid and sincere. 8 He keeps his eye on all who live honestly, and pays special attention to his loyally committed ones.
I was just reading this verse earlier and loved the reminder that God wants us to have His Wisdom. He's ready to hand it out to us if only we would ask for it and be willing to listen for it! So so SO often I get in the same rut of trying to handle everything myself and figure out all of the details. When I can't make it work on my own then I start asking God to help. I'm sure every time God is just shaking His head at me again. I can imagine He may be thinking "when will she finally learn?!?" I'd love to say I'm getting better, but I'm not. Surrendering is hard for me. Asking for Wisdom is hard for me. Maybe because I know God will most likely pull me out of my comfort zone once again. But it is the desire of my heart.
"All I want in this world is more of YOU and less of ME"
Incredible song! Love when we sing it at Discovery =)
ReplyDelete