Did I seriously just give this post the corniest title ever? Um. Yep. I couldn't resist.
This past Saturday we had the most amazing weather! This has been such a mild Winter so far. I'm so glad. I enjoy the change of seasons and getting to wear "Fall" clothes, but I hate when the coldest part of Winter hits. It's so hard to get motivated and it makes me want to wrap up in a blanket on the couch and drink coffee all day. SO, you can imagine how wonderful it was to have temps in the 70s in January! It was amazing. Ella and I spent the morning off together running a couple of errands and finished up with lunch together. We had the best time. I really need to be more intentional about giving her one on one time so that's why I decided to take her out by herself. Noah and I get time together every week when Ella is at school, so it's nice for her to have some time. Randy and Noah spent the day washing cars and poking around in the yard. They played some soccer and did boy stuff so by the time we got home they had decided we should cook hotdogs on the fire together for dinner. We ended up inviting our friends Chris and Jessica over and had a great night! The weather was perfect for a fire and one of the neighbors was setting off fireworks so we got to enjoy that, too! Definitely a great weekend.
Our New Year is off to a great start. I'm glad 2011 is over. I'm looking forward to lots of big changes and new blessings in 2012. Can't believe this will be the year that Ella starts Kindergarten! Wow. That's insane. And sad. And a whooooooole 'nother blog post! Oh my. But other than that...really looking forward to this year. Happy about some of the goals and challenges the hubby and I have set for ourselves and our family. Feeling optimistic and enjoying the usual "New Year High" that has my house all organized, my meals all planned, and spirits all high. I know it wears off. I know I wont keep all the "goals" I've set. But I'm going to enjoy the boost while it lasts!
Here are a few pics from the fire and there are some more posted on Chris and Jessica's blog if you want to click on their names and go check them out, too. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment