His actual message starts about 18 minutes in...
Monday, January 16, 2012
Get Off the Bench!
Yesterday, Randy had the opportunity to speak at our church. Our church has three core values that we try to live out. They are Deepen, Do, Develop and Randy spoke on "Do". Do something to serve others using your talents and gifts. He did such a good job. He made so many great points about how good our intentions often are to help and serve others, but most of the time we don't put any action into them. When we are just sitting on the bench watching we aren't any help, but the "game changes" when we put action into our words and go DO something. It changes when we let Christ take control and start living for Him and Do-ing for him. He challenged people to get into action and do something that matters for the Kingdom of God. It was a great message and I really think people were challenged and inspired by it. I think Randy enjoyed it, too, but I know he is so relieved that it's behind him now. There is so much preparation and stress trying to make sure you are saying the right things that God wants you to say. I have been SO nervous for him!!!!! I have so much respect for our Pastor, Jason and my sweet friend Lora, his wife. She does such a wonderful job at supporting him and after having a tiny glimpse into the pressure she experiences weekly, I am happy to hand the job back over! I'm looking forward to having Randy back behind the guitar where he is comfortable and it comes easily to him :)) Still, I am beyond proud of what an awesome job he did. If you get a chance, you should definitely stop and listen to it. This is the live recording so the video quality is pretty poor. I'll post the better one when they get done with it, but I was too anxious to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
GREAT job Randy =) Another puch for us to make a difference with the time we have!!
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you Randy. Thanks for reminding us to "Do" the word.
ReplyDelete