Friday, September 23, 2011

Collard Festival Parade!

These pictures are at least 2 weeks old.  Please forgive.  I can now officially use the excuse that I'm pregnant and tired.  And it takes all I have to survive most days!!!  So forgive me??  I am starting to have a little more energy and I'm trying to catch up on all the things I'm behind on.  Including blogging.  

A couple weeks ago, Randy and I took the kiddos to the Ayden Collard Festival Parade.  It may be one of my favorite things to do around here.  You may remember when we went in 2009?  Our new house is actually a little closer to Ayden then we were before so it was perfect.  We went 5 minutes or so down the road and found a good place to park.  It was a sunny day, but we found a tiny little tree that we all sat under to watch.  It was not crowded at all...probably because there was a home ECU game which takes out most of the city!  It was nice for us, though!  We had a ton of space to ourselves which helped the kids pick up some candy without older kids grabbing it all really fast.  They absolutely LOVED it!  It was wonderful since Randy has been working out of town so much these days.  We had a great morning out together!

My sweeties!


I love how simple "small town" parades are!  There really aren't any flashy floats like I always remember as a kid.




Ella loved this!  One of the little beauty pageant princess' drove in the parade in her little Barbie car!  It was so cute!




Some kids get scared of clowns, but Ella and Noah like them! 





Every once in awhile there would be a break in floats and all the kids could get the candy they missed!





Ella and Daddy

 Noah loved seeing the firetrucks, but the drivers kept honking the horn for the kids.  He didn't like that so much!! But how cute are his pudgy cheeks??











What a fun Saturday morning with my favorite people!

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! Those Noah cheeks are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about small town stuff! I am excited that the holidays are around the corner. The fair starts this week, craft shows next month, Christmas parade, and its all so quaint! I def don't miss the big city!

    ReplyDelete