Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hurricane Irene Clean Up

This post is a little late.  Been hard to find time to sort through photos (or sew or scrapbook or read) or really do anything for myself.  Even though school starting this year was bittersweet, I am definitely looking forward to having a lighter load some days.

But anyways, I actually DID find some time this morning (during an episode of Sid the Science Kid) to get together these pics from Irene.  I have some video footage and other pictures from our own family experience, but the ones in this slideshow are just from the Sunday after Irene.  Instead of having church that morning we decided to go around and help anyone we could with trees down in their yards..It was an awesome morning.  Truly special!  A lot of these people would have been working all day to clear their yards, but with such a large group of volunteers, we were knocking them out in 30 min or less.  It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment