Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our new house!

Wow!  We've been moved into our new house now for almost 4 weeks and I am finally getting around to updating you all on our move.  It's been crazy to say the least.  The timing for our move worked out kinda crazy, because we moved into the house a mere week before Randy and I had a weekend trip planned.  alone.  like with no kids.  Something we never do.  So to say that this Mama was stressed?  That would be an understatement!  I must say though, I really came around and surprised myself.  I tend to really stress out before leaving the kids.  Most of the time I worry about things that are completely unlikely and out of my control!  But this time, I kept my cool and really committed to myself that I was going to have a good time.  We are so blessed to have some wonderful friends who kept the kids for us while we left!  It's so nice to have a couple with no kids of their own who enjoy spending time with our kids!  It was such a relief to go away and know that the kids were having a blast without us!  Thanks so much to Chris and Jessica!!  Most of the time that I called home, the kids would not even come say "hi"! They were having too much fun!  What a great gift!  Randy and I really enjoyed our weekend, too!  It was so fun!  And I'm sure by the post below you can tell we didn't hold back on adventure ;)

But anyways....all that to say our first week in our new home was BUSY!  Once we got back, I dove into unpacking the next couple of day, but I also went back to work babysitting (which I do almost full time)  There are really only a handful of days each month that I am off during the week so it has been a challenge.  I think we've hit the point where all of the necessities have made their way out, so now it's just the boxes of "stuff" to go through.  Ya know...the ones that you probably-don't-need-but-don't-want-to-throw-away-in-case-you-need-it????  Yep!  Those!  So I am grabbing a couple a day and pressing on.  Then it will be onto decorating and updating the kids rooms.  Both Ella and Noah are going to have a bed upgrade soon...Ella from her toddler bed and Noah from his crib.  So there is much to do around this house.  

Overall though, we are settled and feeling blessed.  And really happy.  Randy's been working a lot, but hopefully it will slow down soon.  It definitely makes us enjoy and appreciate every day we are together as a family!  Sometimes I just look around and can not even take it all in.  My new home, my amazing children, and my awesome hubby with whom I share this life!  I'm thankful to love and serve a God that cares about even the smallest most unimportant desires of our heart!  

Moving Day Pics:

Thank goodness for technology!  It sure kept the kids busy!


But of course they helped, too :)









                                               Getting settled!  Ella (don't ask about the hat?!?) organizing her shoes :)





Home Sweet Home!  


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh your new home is *beautiful*!!!! I love it! Just one quick but important suggestion...if there is anyway you can EDIT OUT your house # in the picture I would do so. Just because anyone can get to our blogs on the internet so it may not be safe to have our exact house numbers on there. (Also for the pictures on facebook as well incase you have them there too just incase). Enjoy your new home, it is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Michelle!! We are so excited about this great opportunity God gave us to move!! I didn't even think about what you said with the house number!!! Yikes!! I was able to blur it out on photoshop although in the pic it looks like someone graffitied the house LOL!!! Oh well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your new place and can't wait for you to get more settled and relaxed to truely enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete