*Washing sheets that have been thrown up on (along with my regular laundry duties)
*Watching my poor little girl mope around with a fever for the second day in a row..
*Try and remember which one it's time for..Motrin?? Tylenol?? ...yikes...
There are lots of things I wish I wasn't doing, but I love how it's all about perspective! Who doesn't hate fevers and throw up and medicine?? But do you know what I LOVE?? Laying on the couch with my (on fire with heat) little girl. Rubbing her back and stroking her hair. Laughing with her at silly parts in the movie and feeling a little bit of relief to see her actually smiling for a minute. Tucking her into bed. Singing Amazing Grace while I scratch her back until she finally falls asleep.
I am worn out. It's only 10:30am and I'm already dreaming of bed time. But, I wouldn't trade one moment! I am so thankful to be able to care for and love on and fuss over my babies when they are sick. It helps them feel better! I know cause Ella told me so :))
Poor little Ella, and Laci! I hope she gets to feeling better soon. What do you think it is?
ReplyDeleteIt was the weirdest thing. Just some kind of virus. She had a fever all day Monday and half of Tuesday and then it left! She threw up Tuesday morning...not sure if that was because of the fever and all the meds, or if her tummy was really upset. So glad she is better now. So far so good for Noah.......although I shouldn't even say that out loud! ;)
ReplyDelete