Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year and a "New" Home!


So, it's official!  The house is finally finished!!  Randy took me by last night to take a look and this morning we took the kiddos by to see!  It looks GREAT!  We are so ready to get home!  The movers are coming by early Monday morning and they will unload the pod and get our beds and everything back up.  Our contractor has truly gone above and beyond for us!  What a joy they have been to work with!

Here are some pics pre-furniture.  

Living Room floors and new trim..


Laundry Closet/Hallway (All of that stuff goes back on a shelf above the washer and dryer.  Everything is in random spots right now around the house)

Playroom. Found the Laundry Closet doors in there :)
 Some of the living room.  I am *so* extremely pleased with the floors I picked out.  The color looks so good with the green we already had..

*Disclaimer* Yes, the child on the right side of this picture is indeed my sweet Ella. No, I did not dress her this way.  Yes, she is wearing two different kinds of p.j.'s and her black dress shoes.  No, I did not make her change.  She wanted to wear this outfit to see the house because she's awesome like that, and that's just how she rolls...;)

Hallway/Front Door
 Some of the Master Bedroom.  Hard to find a good angle to show much!
 Closet in Master Bedroom
 Close up of the floor colors I chose.  Decided to go darker with the carpet so hopefully the wear and tear  wont show as badly.  The color seems to go great with the wall colors though!!

 Another view of Laundry Closet.
 When the plumber came in to move the hot water heater (so they could put the floors underneath) he said our water heater was super old and basically on it's last leg.  He didn't want to risk moving it so they were going to just put the floors around it.  Randy and I decided to just go ahead and have it replaced while they were in there and we are so thankful we did!  The plumber said it should have busted a long time ago.  He couldn't believe it was still working! Yikes!!! Good news is that now we have a larger, more energy efficient, new water heater.
 More of the living room..
 Coat Closet..the previous owners had just stopped the laminate at the door to this instead of taking it all the way in.  It looks WAY better now..
And that's all for now!  Sometime next week, we'll be sleeping in our own beds again!  Yipeee!

5 comments:

  1. so excited for you! and I love the green! looks a lot like what I have in our master bath and laundry room.
    And about Ella, it made me think of Steph when she was little!! I still remember her wearing a pink sweatsuit with her shiny dress black shoes to come see me at the hospital when Andy was born. I have video of it! she loved wearing her 'tapping' shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That's exactly why Ella likes to wear those black shoes! She calls them her "high heels" because they click when she walks! I guess it makes her feel fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the carpet you picked out Lace, and I couldn't stop giggling when I saw the pic with the back side of Ella. Shes a mini Aunt LaLa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost cropped her out, but I knew you guys would love her just the way she is! ;) lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, Laci! It looks like a brand new house! Sometimes, God works circumstances that seem horrible for our good.

    ReplyDelete