Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Count your blessings...

I have been having one of those frustrating weeks where it seems like it's just one stressful thing after another.  Whether it's been the financial stress of trying to make good choices with our money, or frustration with people who don't do things they say they will, or trying to balance being at home and working, to just everyday momma/wife stress!! It's really easy when you're having one of "those" kind of weeks to do the thing we ladies do best...throw a huge pitty party!  Ha!  Sounds silly, but it's so easy sometimes for my mind to hang on all of the things that aren't going the way I want..instead of thinking about all of the things that are such a blessing in my life right now.  So this week, despite the overwhelming to urge to just throw my hands up and pout..I am counting my blessings!

Here are just a few I'll share :)

*Love, joy, hope, strength, and incredible peace from a God that has never let me go without. Always been faithful to me (even when I'm not faithful to him), and provided everything I truly need right now in life including a great church that is full of amazing people.
*A husband that is amazing.  That works so hard all the time for our family.  Who makes me laugh. Alot. Is really hot.  (That's a plus! Right???) That is the best-ever daddy to my precious babies.  Someone that just makes life better. and more fun.
* Ella and Noah.  Who made my dream of becoming a mommy come true.  That love me so unconditionally! They give the best hugs and kisses.  Always know the perfect moment that I need an "I love you mommy" or a big kiss.  Gave me the best job and made it wayyyy more entertaining than any other job I've had.  They can make my day better by just being a part of it.
*A house full of material things that some people out there couldn't even imagine having.  Yet I take them for granted! Working cars.  A huge yard with toys and fun for my family.
*My job.  Balancing work and home is hard, but I'm thankful to have a place to work where I truly love being there.  With so many people out of jobs..what a blessing to have work available!!
*Family.  That are here for us whenever we need them.  That listen to my random phone calls several times a day because Randy isn't home and I have to tell someone the cute things that the kiddos did! That  aren't close by, but that are so close to our hearts!
*Great friends.  Friends that I can call just to complain or vent. That help me make decisions and give great advice.  Friends that call just because! My Stroller Shape friends that push me physically every week. That encourage me and challenge me. Helping to make me a strong, healthy, mommy!


I could go on and on!  I love counting my blessings!  It makes everything else pale in comparison!!
When's the last time you stopped and counted your blessings???

1 comment:

  1. great video. Laci, message me your email address via FB. Steph sent me recording of her singing the "american honey" song. she did a good job and I wanted to share it with you

    ReplyDelete