Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Easter Preliminaries have begun!!


As Easter is getting closer and closer, all the fun and excitement is building! This has been the first year with Ella that she actually can understand holidays and all the fun that goes with them. I love her anticipation over everything! Finding the balance on holidays like Christmas and Easter has been tricky for us, too. I'm a tradition nut..I love them! My favorite memories in life are the ones of things that we always did together. I used to love hanging out with my family even as a teenager and I want that so badly for my family.

With Easter coming closer, we have been once again trying to find the balance between the Easter bunny and Jesus. We have been having a ton of fun with the eggs and Easter baskets and singing "Here comes Peter Cotton Tail..", but we've also been trying to spend sometime remembering what Easter is all about. I've really been shocked at how much Ella is finally starting to grasp. Don't get me wrong..it's still all very surface level. But she is really starting to grasp that it was something really BIG and special that He did. I love it.

As for me, I have been particularly awed this Easter. I just keep looking around at my beautiful family. Every minute with them is pure joy and I suddenly feel overwhelmingly blessed. I dont deserve all of these great blessings and the wonderful family that God has given me. I dpnt deserve Jesus giving up his own life for me. That's the biggest part to grasp though..He knew what a clumsy, selfish, stubborn girl I am...yet He willingly did it anyways!! That my friends, is true love worth celebrating and I can't wait to spend Easter celebrating! I'm also looking forward to leading worship with my amazing hubby, too! :))

On a lighter note..here are the pics from Ella's Easter part at Pre-School today! :-)

Little Brother says Sissy's class is SUPER fun!


Ready to go hunt some eggs!






This video is so powerful, you should definitely watch it! Looking forward to doing this song with the band on Sunday!

True Love from Pace Hartfield on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Ella's preschool teachers are something else! They have a hat for everything! Love the bunny ears. I love that you love my son. I couldn't have asked for a better daughter-in-law! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete