What fun Christmas is!!!
We picked Ella up from school today and went to buy our Christmas tree. This made me soooo happy because I am going to my parent's house in a couple of weeks and I wanted to enjoy my tree as long as possible before we go. It just seems like Christmas flies right by. So this time I am prepared and ready to soak up every minute!
Ella made getting a tree so much fun. She loved looking at all of them and running around the tree farm like crazy!
One of our favorite Christmas traditions is going to the same tree farm every year to pick our tree. They have some already cut or you can choose one and cut it down. We have always like some of the pre-cut better, but I think next year we will cut one down just for fun with the kiddos.
And of course, this year.
Year Three!
Miss Ella. The Diva, Drama Queen, Princess. Yep, she just had to wear her glasses as she shopped for the perfect tree. Although, I must admit, it WAS really bright out. I wore mine the whole time, too. :)
Noah was so happy to get his first Christmas Tree!
They gave Ella a little Christmas Tree coloring book which she thought was pretty awesome!
This little bird used to go in Randy's tree when he was a kid. He says it was always one of his favorite things to add to the tree. He's laughing at me for making him take a pic while he does it. But I think it's special! ;)
While we were decorating and remember each ornament, I thought it would be cool to share some with you. While I was waiting on pics to load, I was catching up on some friends blogs. I saw that my friend Sheila had planned something similar! Wow, great minds think alike :))
She is going to be doing hers one by one, but I am just going to show you a few of our special ones in this post only.
Hope you enjoy!
This is one of my very favorites. Some great friends from back home in Florida gave me this the Christmas that Randy and I were engaged.
Then once we were married and living here in NC, we were given this ornament below. A couple that we are friends with wrapped this ornament and gave it to us our first Christmas. They chose it out of their own collection to pass onto us to help us to build a collection of our own. It was one of the most thoughtful things ever!! They'll be moving before long, but we will always think of them this time of year!
LOVE this one from the Christmas I was pregnant with Ella.
My mom got us this one last year. Ella says, "There we are, riding in our car!"
It's called "Hold Close That Which We Hold Dear"

Well, I don't know about your house, but ours is "Beginning to look alot like Christmas"
Well, I don't know about your house, but ours is "Beginning to look alot like Christmas"
Oh my gosh- what a great post! You looked like you hd so much fun going to get the Christmas tree. Ella was so cute with her sun glasses and I liked the picture with her running through the trees. Also, the ornament with the chickens and the egg from when you were pregnant with Ella was so cute.
ReplyDeleteVery cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteI always thought it was a great tradition to give each of the kids their own ornaments so that they would have a box when they moved out into their own homes. Loved seeing the past tree hunts. Thanks for sharing your family and your Christmas with us. : )
ReplyDeleteBTW, u need to post a picture of the finished product!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing all of these posts about decorating for Christmas!! Such neat fun stories. No tree here this year--lots to celebrate and be thankful for!
ReplyDeleteBoth of our parents had given us boxes with "our" ornaments from over the years, so it was definitely fun to add them together for our first tree!! It's also been fun adding to it each year and looking back at all the occasions marked by an ornament. We are doing the same thing with Ella and Noah :)
ReplyDelete