Ella has still been having a hard time figuring out when she needed to pee so I decided to give her a break and see what happens. So I started putting her in diapers or pull ups and waiting to see if she will tell me when she needs to potty. Yesterday she told me once in advance where I had enough time to get her on the potty so she could pee. All of the other times she told me right when she was going or immediately after. I still think that's great for 19 months old. I don't want to push her too hard and giver her some kind of "potty complex" lol. The awesome part is that I haven't had to change a poopy diaper since Monday morning. Saturday was her first poo poo in the potty and Monday she went in the middle of the night so we changed it when she woke up. But she has told me and gone on the potty since then!! Woo Hoo! Sounds good to me!
It's already almost 11 today and so far we haven't been able to catch one in time. It's definitely a process!
I'm hoping that something really exciting happens this weekend or next week so I can give you all a more interesting update that doesn't involve the words potty, poo poo, pee pee, or diaper..I'm sure you're wishing for the same!! But until then...it's all I've got.
Because of potty training Ella and I haven't been out much! A trip to the store here or there, but nothing lengthy. So today I am putting a diaper on Ella and we are off to the library and park!
Thought I'd leave you with a picture...(Ella will probably hate me for this one day)
Here's our little pooper :)
I love it! She is doing so well. It's great that she is doing this now before Noah James is born. One baby in diapers is enough! Love, Mimi
ReplyDeleteI don't mind reading about poop and potty, it's in my future now too : ) I think you are doing great. Our mom's did it for us, now we do it for our kids, right? Right. Hang in there! I agree with Grandma, that would be awesome if she is fully trained in time for the new baby. Yay!!
ReplyDelete