Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Takin' Care of Buisness...

Well, I have been wanting to update, but I've been too worn out to come up with a good post. lol. On Saturday evening, Ella came to me and kept saying "Poo poo potty". This was really no big deal to me since she has been coming to tell us that she needs a diaper change for awhile now. Well, when I checked her diaper it was still clean and dry. She continued to tell me so I decided to put her on the potty and sure enough, she started to go!!
So this weekend we have taken on "Operation Potty Training" and let me tell you, I am already soooo tired of it. But I am keeping momentum and hanging in there!

She doesn't know quite how to predict that she's going to pee until right before (like a millisecond!) it comes out. So we usually hear, "Oh No!"..followed by the millisecond..and then "Uh oh, pee pee potty". But I feel like we're making progress because she doesn't like getting pee on her new panties so she is trying really hard. As long as I keep up with her and put her on the potty like every 10 minutes we are staying dry. She is also starting to figure out make the pee come out so that's been good, too.
While she's been learning that, I've been doing lots of laundry, reading her lots of stories while she sits patiently on the potty trying to pee, and being insanely corny about every trickle we hear!!

So if you've actually been reading this long so far, thanks for caring about our potty progress!

6 comments:

  1. Totally know what you're talking about and what you're going through. Sounds like things are going great, so just keep up the good work and the corny compliments about pee and poopy in the potty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if you could only teach Randy! Well at least w/ Ella getting it, maybe he won't be far behind.

    Derick Shipley

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great!!! Keep reading and keep cheering her on to success. That's the best way I know. Call Hannah and Sarah and let them tell her what a big girl she is. It's a big celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on keeping on ~ it is so worth it when she is fully trained. :) Just hard getting there.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Ella your such a big girl now. Keep up the good work going in the potty. Hang in there Laci it will be all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laci, This is wonderful! I've heard girls are easier to train than boys. Randy and Justin weren't difficult, though. We heard from Justin a couple of days ago. He called to let us know that he was ok and that he will call when he gets to boot camp and finds out what his address will be. I'll be sure and forward it to you and Randy. Love You All! Mimi

    ReplyDelete