Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Happenings..or lack of..

Today was filled with a "whole lot of nothing" and it was wonderful. Ella and I started the day by cuddling on the couch watching some Elmo and eating chocolate donuts (that Randy brought home for us last night as a surprise!) The Elmo part wasn't my favorite, but it was soooo worth it for the snuggles and kisses I got the whole time! I did some extra cleaning and stuff during the week so that I wouldn't have to today..but I was almost bored without the housework to keep me busy! Ella and I are missing Randy a lot this week since he worked an extra day. Looking forward to the next three days when he'll be off.

Thought I'd post some pictures of things that have been making me smile this week...

I can't get enough of these toes peeking out of these special Princess shoes (which she started calling her "puppy" shoes today...yikes, didn't think of how confusing that could be to a 20 month old when we named the dog Princess...) I also love the noise they make on the floor as she walks by. So sweet that they have become a must have with every outfit! Even cuter when they're paired with bed head from an afternoon nap :)


I'm also smiley because Randy hung the pictures that my mom drew of Ella in the living room this week. We've had them since October and I'm so happy to have them where I can see them all of the time. Every time I pass them, I can't help but think how special they will be when Ella is grown. I put the original pictures below them for comparison.



4 comments:

  1. I forgot about your mom's artistic talent. She did a great job. And you have a cute kid. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pictures are amazing! they ARE going to be a treasure when Ella grows up!
    And the shoes,Steph had a pair when she was little... the 'clicking' sounds drove Fred nuts! but I still remember how much Steph loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laci, Ella is starting to look more and more like you. She is soooo cute! Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed she sat still long enough to get her toes painted. LOL There is no way Eden would sit that long. She is getting so big. I love the pic with Randy. Give my boy a hug for me. Love you both.
    Mama Mary

    ReplyDelete