One of the great things about Ella getting older is that she has become more and more self sufficient. This is really great when I need an extra hand or she has made a big mess and can help clean up. Well, she has just about mastered the art of self feeding. So now at every meal, she uses her own fork or spoon to eat her food like a big girl until she is finished. She has been really good about eating it and not playing too much and letting us know when she is done and wants to be excused. WELL! This past Saturday, I left her alone with a bowl of Raviolis and some juice while I got some laundry and other stuff going. I came back to find this...

Just another lesson learned, that while she may be getting really good at doing things on her own, she is still just a toddler..easily distracted by red sauce.
Thank goodness for stain removers!!!!!
There are certain foods that we classify as "naked dinners" for Landon...strip him down to his diaper so we can quickly and easily transport him to the tub. It makes clean up time a little easier.
ReplyDeleteThat's great!! I think Ella will be following in Lando's foot steps with many "naked dinners" coming her way lol
ReplyDeleteLove it. Look at her happy smile. What a big girl. Eden eats with her fork and spoon but she turns it upside down when putting it in her mouth. Then it drops in her lap. Always makes me laugh. You can't help but grin.
ReplyDeleteHow can you get mad at that face?
ReplyDeleteLove it!!
ReplyDeleteI laughed at loud!! How adorable. You gotta love that face!!!
ReplyDeleteWe do not have naked dinners, but we do have bath night dinners. Pretty much anything with sauce or bright color has to be eaten on a night where I am sure I can put them right in the bath tub after dinner.
ReplyDeleteI don't see what the problem is, I still usually look like that after I am done eating dinner. I wonder if that is why Amy doesn't like taking me out in public? ;o)
ReplyDeleteDerick Shipley
Unless we were at a restaurant, our toddlers were wearing only a diaper at dinnertime. A bath is the only way to clean between those pudgy fingers.
ReplyDeleteElla looks like she had a blast. Remind you of a song? "Let Them Be Little"