Monday, January 25, 2016

Thirsty?

I spent the weekend at a conference for homeschool mom's called the Winter Summit.  It was so so good.  It's always refreshing to go away with good friends and get pumped full of wisdom for two days straight!  We laughed until we cried and stayed up late into the night like middle school girls. Ha.  And in doing that we remembered how old we are and how much we really do need our sleep each night!! It was fun.  I wanted to do a blog post when I got home about all of the great things I learned, but I took in such a crazy amount of info that it was too overwhelming to make a post to share....sorry friends....

This morning I was getting ready and thinking about what I would write if I did a post (that's when I got overwhelmed and realized it was too much haha), but the one thing that did stand out to me that I thought I would share is really simple.  Through all of the lectures about hiding God's word in your kid's hearts, musts for motherhood, sibling rivalry, turning your days around and on and on there was one thing every talk had in common.  It's that we are simply incapable of doing anything well apart from Christ and His direction.  They can give us a bunch of "how-to's" to help.  And they do.  But really and truly I just learned this weekend that #1 Things aren't as bad as they seem sometimes #2 It's worth it and #3 All day, every day I HAVE to continually lean on Jesus or I will never make it.  I can't be an awesome wife, raise great kids, and keep up with our home, church, and activities with out relying fully on Jesus every single day.  For most of us, this is like, "duh!" But sometimes you just have to be reminded.  I don't want to run myself ragged trying to keep up with whatever I *think* my homeschool needs to look like or whatever the pressures of the world tell me my family life needs to be like.  Just give me Jesus everyday and maybe a huge cup of coffee and I will be just fine.  And so will my kiddos...

Matthew 11:28-30
28  “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


No comments:

Post a Comment