First off, we have made a new friend for life. Our nurse Tracy is a rockstar and is instantly very special to us. Tracy came in to check how Laci has been doing. They had been having trouble all day with the monitors and getting good readings, but everything had been fine. They had seen a couple dips in Jack's heart rate though and she wanted to check just to see where we were at.
When she did, she felt cord, which I now know is very bad. She quickly began ordering around the scrub tech because she now couldn't move. She basically was keeping the cord off of Jack's neck and could not let go. It became time for an emergency C-section.
The next few minutes were a blur. They had to put Laci under to do the C-section because she hadn't had an epidural which made things a little more dicey. I called our moms and let them know. They didn't let me go back so I was in the hallway. It was only a couple of minutes but it felt like forever. I could here the doctor yelling at folks and all that craziness that goes with emergency stuff which you know is just normal, but when it's your family in there it all becomes different. Then I heard him cry and it was like a weight off my shoulders. A few minutes later the nursery doctor came out and told me Jack was fine and did great. Laci was still in the OR, but then they brought him to me. And he's perfect.
I got to spend the next hour and a half with my new son and the nurses who checked him in. I even got to give him his first bath. And while I did that, our wonderful nurse Tracy grabbed my phone and snapped some pics.
This is my favorite picture so far, showing off for the camera while I'm washing his hair.
So now we're settled in our room. Hopefully that is as exciting as our day gets. God was so good to us. He prepared the perfect circumstances for Laci and Jack to be taken care of, gave us a fantastic nurse who came in to check things at the perfect time, and now we have this beautiful baby to constantly remind our family of God's goodness in our lives. We are so blessed and grateful right now. Thank you all for your prayers over the last couple of days. We feel very loved.
I'll be back in a little while with more pictures and updates. If you would now, please pray for Laci and her recovery over these next days and weeks. I know she'd appreciate that. Ww love y'all. Talk to you soon.




Oh how this made me cry. God is absolutely amazing!!! Thank you for blessing us all with your amazing story of God's love and perfect Grace!! We are so proud for your family. Prayers to continue.
ReplyDelete