Hey friends! I thought I might take a second to say hi and thank you all for your encouragement and love! It's been a crazy last few days since I have been having contraction almost non stop since Thursday. My body has been trying and trying to get this kids out with out any progress. I wasn't very happy to hear I was only a 2 after all that work at home. But, now that we know his position is so high, it makes sense. Last night we just relaxed and the nurses eventually gave me a sleeping pill to knock me out for awhile to I could get some rest. I have no clue how I managed to break it's spell and be awake now....but I did get a good 6 or so hours of uninterrupted sleep. So that's great! Any minute now they will be coming in to start my Pitocin. Contractions have been coming all night, but they aren't significant enough to really move things along. We have been just stuck for days so hopefully a small dose of pit. can help pick up the pace. For those of you who have followed our other births...I'm not sure what to tell you as far as the level of excitement this one will hold. I was originally planning to have a natural (minus the pit) birth again like I have with the other boys....but after such an exhausting week I have been considering taking it easy this time and accepting an epidural. I keep changing my mind, but I also found out last night that that because of many factors (being group B and having my water break so long ago mainly) they aren't sure that they will be willing to let me in the tub. That's a pretty big deal breaker for me because it leaves me very few options to cope with the pain. Still, my plan is to just take things one contraction at a time and see what I decide. I may just tough it out.....or you may see a post of me sitting smiling in a couple of hours in numbed bliss. Only time will tell.......either way...there will be snuggly newborn pictures so I think that still makes for some excitement!
I doubt you'll hear anymore from me today! Thanks for your prayers and love. Please pray for strength and that my fears will be eased. It's always easy for me to get a little nervous at the start of all this. Just praying everything goes well and no complications for me or Jack. Pray for my mom as she is caring for our other babies and that is an exhausting task in itself and for her work as they try and help cover for her so that she can help us as long as possible today. (She was scheduled to work 8 hours today, but they are trying to accommodate her being able to stick around for Jack's arrival) So hopefully that will all work out and we wont have to change around babysitter mid labor. My mom always makes this time so special for him so I'm really praying God just works out all the details for her to be with them.
Alright....I'm leaving for real this time....I'm sure Randy will be updating often once he wakes and they get the meds started...
~Laci~
So excited for you guys! You do what you gotta do girl! I can't wait to see baby Jack! I love him already! Love you guys, too!
ReplyDeletePrayers for you all. God has it already handled sweetie :-) love you!
ReplyDelete