Sunday, June 22, 2014

Week 4...here we come!

We officially wrapped up our third week at camp and are heading into our FOURTH week here!  I can't believe how fast time is flying.  We had a really fun week last week and even though we got a TON of rain, I think everyone made the best of it.  It's actually rainy and gloomy as I type this, but there are still van loads of happy campers pulling in left and right.  Randy had some late nights last week helping out with Night Zip (basically exactly what it sounds like...zip lining in the dark with glow sticks).  He was out pretty late each night since they were trying to make sure everyone got a chance despite being rained out several times.  Still, Randy said it was really fun and seeing the excitement of the campers made it all worth it!

Everything else is pretty much the same around here!  I had a check up last week for baby Jack and so far everything is looking great and right on track.  Heartbeat was around 150 and everything was measuring normal.  I will have an anatomy scan coming up the first week of July and I think Randy and I are both anxious to see that he is nice and healthy!  As for my nausea, it has almost completely left.  I'm still getting a little queasy between meals, but I have only had to take my Zofran a few times this month.  Praise God!  That was no fun at all.  I'm so happy to be feeling great and all of the walking around camp has really helped me to just feel amazing in general.  I also have been able to feel baby kicks quite often these days.  Even with Jack being my fourth baby to feel moving, it never gets old.  I still love to lay in bed at night and feel him moving all around.  Pregnancy is such an amazing experience and I'm SO thankful to be on to the fun half now and hopefully past the consuming nausea!  

Noah celebrated his Birthday at camp on the 12th so that was exciting.  He is pretty excited about being 5 ;)  I still feel like he is two in my head so sometimes I hear him saying something or doing something and it just amazes me how grown up he is getting.  We are so proud of what a sweet and caring little boy he is. 

Miss Ella is LOVING camp life.  I think she was born to live at a camp.  She is all about it and always off to find the next adventure.  She is such a great help for me with Owen!  She really loves being a big sister.  I've been really proud of how much responsibility she has shown here at camp when I allow her and Noah to go play.  I usually give them permission to be in a particular area and she has been so great about checking in and getting permission if they would like to go play somewhere else.

Owen is doing great as well and will be seeing his Urologist on the 30th so the kids and I will be traveling into Madison for that later next week. I feel like I have a giant list of questions for the Dr this time since we have seen so much change in his tummy swelling back up again.  I'm really hoping that we are able to get some answers as to what this could mean moving forward.  But there's a big chance it could still be more "waiting and watching" so I am trying to make sure I'm prepared for that, too. He will be 15 months on the 28th and he still isn't walking.  This has been our latest walker!  I'm in no hurry to rush him out of any stages, but my growing tummy and my back will sure be happy when we get him walking.  He's getting pretty close and has been taking 2 or 3 steps here and there so maybe that will be my next update! 

As always, continue to pray for us as we try and decipher what and where God wants us next.  We are praying that God is using this time of waiting to prepare us in any way that He needs to.  We don't want to miss out on any lessons we need to learn along the way so we are praying for open and receptive hearts.

Here are a few pictures to share from around camp this week.  Still not a whole lot, but I'm getting better about remembering to grab the camera!!  



Ella and Noah having some fun with Play Doh cooling off inside.


A sleepy Daddy catching up on some Zzzzz's during nap time with O.


 Ella and Noah getting settled in for some Little House and bedtime.


A favorite activity around camp is catching tadpoles in the pond outside of the Dining Hall.  Noah was REALLY excited this day when he caught a little frog!  It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but it's just a chubby baby Toad.

My two tadpole catchers!

Some girls found this little turtle one day just passing through camp.  The kids took turns holding it before he was released down by the creek.


Randy and Owen 

A better view of the fish pond where they catch tadpoles..

My sweet Owen...also very lovingly known as the "trouble maker".  Thankfully his smile is equally as cute as his will is strong.  Maybe a future leader?

"Surely you're not calling ME a trouble maker?! Impossible!"

My beautiful girl both inside and out!  Can't believe she will be 7 in a couple weeks.


And our adventure this week was realizing that we had some leaking issues in the camper.  It made for a comical night watching movies during the storm and listening to the constant "drip, drip, drip..."  Thankfully, maintenance has done some sealing on the roof and after some pretty heavy rain today I only had to pull out one bucket.  So I think we may be close to having the issue fixed.  Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Ella = camper. It's in her family tree! And, Laci, you handled your very first belly button tick quite well.

    We are in the planning stages for Current River 2015. Devin just got a GoPro camera and is ready to document the whole experience so G'ma & G'pa can relive it over and over from the safety of their couch in future years.

    We know baby Jack will be younger than other babies we've taken - Ethan was the youngest at 11 months. However, sometimes G'ma & I like to NOT canoe and drive into town. She's always made sure that each of us mommies had at least one baby-free day on the river.

    Keep having fun at camp! I hope your children don't grow up thinking the rest of their lives are boring! They've had such great opportunities so far!!!

    Love you niches and huggers and smoiches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firmamız gebze başta olmak üzere kocaelinin bütün ilçelerinde evden eve nakliyat işleri indirimli olarak yapmaktadır.
    Kurumsal olarak çalışan firmamız hizmetlerinde kulandığı araç veya elemanların en iyisi ile çalışmaktayız, beraber çalıştığımız elemanlar çok tecrübeli ve kalifiyeli elemanlar tecrübelerin üstüne birde bizim eğitim amaçlı kurslarımızdan geçerek firmamızda görev almaktalar.
    Ve bizimle çalışanlar ayda 5 gün eğitim çalışmalarımıza katılmaktalar ücretli eğitim günlerimize katılmak zorunludur.
    Firmamız geleceğin en iyi ve en başarılı firması olmak hedefine ilerlemektedir.

    ReplyDelete