We have officially survived two full weeks of camp and we are working our way into our third week! It's amazing how quickly time moves ahead! It took us some time to settle in and find a new "normal" for camp. Although I think the first rule we have learned at camp is that there is no "normal" and there wont be! Every week is a little different and brings along different age students and people to meet. It's been really fun. Randy's schedule has varied each week, but we always catch up with him here and there throughout the day to say hi for a few minutes and we usually see him at meals in the Dining Hall. This week has been a nice change because he doesn't get started until noon so we have some time in the morning to spend with him. Or on a day like today.....watch him passed out asleep from the late nights he's been keeping. But he is having a great time and even though he is "working" it is a very fun kind of work. Ella and Noah usually spend their mornings playing outside after breakfast. They play on the playground or play some favorite camp games like Gaga and Carpet Ball. I usually pick up around the camper after breakfast and then head out to read while Owen takes his morning nap. After lunch we go outside or head to the lake for awhile. Sometimes I have to run some laundry through. It's been a little different every day, but it's been a very nice change of pace. The last few months were so busy with me being sick, packing, and finishing up Ella's school. It's been so refreshing to not have such busy days! In the evenings after dinner I usually get the kids all bathed and we watch a movie or episode of Little House to quiet things down in the camper. This was the best change we made to our routine so far. Owen's bed is right in the area where we spend most of our time inside so it was very hard for him to get to sleep with all the noise and action around him. Now that we get everyone clean and settled down by 7:30 or so, it allows him to fall asleep, but lets the big kids still stay awake for awhile. It's made a HUGE difference in our evenings! I will post more pictures soon, but today was sadly the first day I even used my camera since we arrived. I have been moving and organizing tons of pictures and finishing up some ones I needed to edit and I just haven't taken the time to take any around camp yet. I will do that this week and get some posted, but for now I took some of the camper to share. I know so many of you have been asking how in the world we are doing being in a camper with three (& 1/2) kids and 2 dogs. It has certainly been an adventure and an adjustment! But we are all making the best of it and since we don't spend a lot of time inside, it hasn't been too big of an issue. Randy and I were just saying last night that we have already made so many memories that I'm sure we will laugh about for many years to come. But we are truly thankful for this time while we prepare for whatever is next!
Alright...here it is....our humble Summer abode! Enjoy.
I had my 50mm on the camera so you'll have to make due with squished views that don't cover a whole lot in each picture :) This is the view into the bedroom where Randy and I sleep.
And here is our fancy bathroom....
Right now we have been showering at the lodge and just using the tub for storage. But we do have hot water now which is nice. The lodge has just been easier for now since I can put both of the kids in a shower at the same time.
And this is the view if you looked from the bathroom down the steps to the main part of the RV.
and a little sleepy baby peeking up to say hi :)
This counter is usually where all of our stuff collects and we use the computer..
and the other side of the room has the sink where I wash out sippy cups and water bottles. Since we eat in the Dining Hall for all of our meals, I only have to use the kitchen area for washing up stuff like this.
We've tried to get creative with storing stuff and making the best use we can of the space we have. Oh and BTW, do you like our orange carpet?! Pretty fancy! ;)
Here is the fridge we use to store some random snacks. It usually has some apple sauce and yogurt for Owen and chocolate for mommy....
There are baskets everywhere because it was the best I could think of to give toys and things each a home to be put away. So we store the toys in a big basket and some under the futon that the kids sleep on. They have also put a lot of their toys on the back shelf behind the futon.
Well, that's all for today. Time for me to let this sleepy head hit the hay!
my favorite, of course are the last 2 pictures. :) not cooking any meals must feel amazing!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are enjoying camp life! not cooking has to be amazing...no dishes to wash afterwards, even better.381
ReplyDeleteBTW - Miss Elaineous is Cherie Rudesill. :0)
ReplyDelete