Alright. I survived! My little guy and I are back home and sissy is at her very first day of Kindergarten. The morning couldn't have gone any better! Ella woke up excited and ready to go. She picked out her first day outfit all by herself all the way down to what jacket to take and what color rubber bands to use in her pig tails (which is the hair style she picked out earlier this week as "the" first day hair-do!) Everything was going great until we realized about 15 minutes before time to leave that...gasp...we forgot to paint her nails last night! Oh the crisis!! Haha! We got that all settled and done and managed to meet Daddy at school only 4 minutes later then we had originally planned. We got there nice and early so that we could take our time getting her all situated.
She was a bundle of excitement and nerves, but all morning she just couldn't wait to finally get to school. As we walked up to school, she saw a little friend of hers that will be starting the Pre-K program at the school tomorrow. Ella was happy to get a hug from a friendly face!
I'm sure I will post way more pictures than anyone cares to see, but I can't help it! So proud of my Princess!
She got her backpack and lunchbox all put away and was ready to go!
Randy and I followed her around taking pictures and talking with her and soon realized that most of the other parents were leaving and we were starting to linger. So we gave her some big kisses and hugs and let her head off to meet some new friends. I seriously could have stayed all day just to follow her around and take pictures. Oh to be a fly on the wall....
Poor Noah was still half asleep. We all have to adjust to the early timing of Kindergarten. My little guy just got yanked out of bed and carried out the door!
Our whole little family on Ella's special day!
Off to play with new friends!
I was doing just fine until Ella said goodbye to Noah. My sweet little guy was so sad to leave her there!! It broke my heart! Noey and I made it out the classroom door and then we were finally free to pout together out of Ella's sight.
Watching your babies grow and change into little children who have their own personalities and interests is truly a blessing. My tears in seeing Ella go are both sadness that the "baby" part of her is really in the past, but also happiness for the little girl she has become. She is an absolute joy in our lives. We could not be more thankful and proud for what a beautiful girl she is both inside and out!
My prayer for you Ella Grace is that as we help you navigate your way through all of life's ups and downs, that you will stand out among your classmates as a beautiful light.
Matthew 5:14-16 MSG
4-16 "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."
First Day of School poem
by Georgy Joseph
She started school this morning,
And she seemed so very small.
As I walked there beside her
In the Kindergarten hall.
And as she took her place beside
the others in the class,
I realized how all too soon
Those first few years can pass.
Remembering, I saw her as
She first learned how to walk.
The words that we alone made out
When she began to talk.
This little girl so much absorbed
In learning how to write.
It seems as though she must have grown
To girlhood overnight.
My eyes were blurred, so hastily
I brushed the tears away
Lest by some word or sign of mine
I mar her first big day.
Oh how I longed to stay with her
And keep her by the hand
To lead her through the places
That she couldn’t understand.
And something closely kin to fear
Was mingled with my pride.
I knew she would no longer be
A baby by my side.
But she must have her chance to live,
To work her problems out,
The privilege to grow and learn
What life is all about.
And I must share my little girl
With friends and work and play;
She’s not a baby anymore –
She’s in Kindergarten today.
I cried like a baby after seeming Noah looking so sad!
ReplyDeleteI know Melissa!!! He broke my heart! I think now that he's home and can see that he gets me all to himself he is realizing it's not too bad after all lol. But he misses his playmate :(
ReplyDeleteOh Laci, this brought tears to my eyes as well. For different reasons, but all the same! I miss you guys so much!!! Give my love to all, and great big hugs too!
ReplyDeleteOK, I'll admit it. I was smiling through the whole story until I read the poem. I cried, and I'm not ashamed one bit. Our little granddaughter is growing up. I miss you Miss Ella, see ya soon,
ReplyDeleteLove G-Pa.
Oh my goodness Laci....it was so hard to read this will the tears blurring my vision! Ella has grown up so much and so fast! Enjoy every minute as they turn into years before you know it! love you all! Miss you all so very much! Hazel
ReplyDelete