Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Goodbye Summer!

Good gracious!  I can not believe that Summer is coming to an end.  I'm so thankful for what a memorable time the kids and I have had together.  It's only fitting that we had such a care free Summer since our lives are about to change in big ways.  My sweet girl starts Kindergarten tomorrow?!?  It is such a bittersweet feeling!  We absolutely adore her new teacher and they have done a great job at preparing both Ella and I for a smooth transition.  We had an open house night for Ella to explore the school and then this morning we were scheduled a meeting with the teacher to get all of Ella's things situated in her class.  It gave me a chance to ask the questions I had and be reassured of what to expect.  Ella LOVES her new classroom. They have so many fun things planned for this year.  She is a little nervous about meeting new friends, but I know with her sweet, kind, spirit she will have no trouble at all.  Plus out of the 12 kids in her class, 8 of them are girls!!  I think the hardest part for me this week will be adjusting to not having her home.  Preschool was easy-peasy because she was only gone 3 hours each day (and I still cried her first day), but this will be a big difference.  It will definitely be strange not having her here.  I can hardly stand that part.  I know I'm going to miss her so much!  So happy for all of the memories she is going to make this year though.  What an exciting time for her!  

I feel like there is so much to catch up on and so many exciting things happening right now.  I could just go on and on.  I suppose I will just have to spread it all out between posts.  

In the meantime, I thought I would share some recent pictures of the little people.  A couple nights ago we decided on a whim to take the kids fishing.  Randy takes them a lot, but usually it's where they go when I have something else going on.  I was happy to have a chance to tag along this time.  

It was a really beautiful night weather wise.  Just chilly enough for a jacket.  The kids fished for a little bit until they got bored and then retired to just throwing rocks into the water.  Once they checked out, Randy got to fish a little while on his own and I just sat snuggled up in a chair enjoying the pretty view until the sun started to set and it was time to head home.  We're trying to soak up the outdoors as much as we can before Winter!

I hope you enjoy the pictures!



















1 comment: