Monday, June 11, 2012

Dairy Breakfast

Over the weekend we attended our first "Dairy Breakfast!  In Wisconsin, the month of June is dairy month and every weekend there are a number of local farms that host a dairy breakfast.  It's almost like a mini festival where a local farm serves breakfast and opens the farm to the public to come look around.  The one we attended served pancakes, cheesy scrambled eggs, sausage, and a variety of Wisconsin cheese.  They also had some locally made ice cream that the kids really enjoyed.  We took a tour of the farm in a horse drawn wagon ride and walked around to explore some.  They had some face painting and a fire truck that the kids could sit in.  It was a lot of fun and really neat to learn about the way farmers in Wisconsin run their farms and take care of the cows.  Randy had a baseball game so he missed out, but I'm really glad the kids and I had a chance to go!  I'm going to post more photos on Facebook, but here are a few from the day!











No comments:

Post a Comment