Ella brought home the neatest little craft last week and I wanted to share it with all of you! She made this last Tuesday at Pre-School and we have been having so much fun watching it grow!
Materials Needed:
* Any color paper (but card stock would be best)
*Scissors
*Marker or crayons
*Scotch Tape
*Ziplock bag
*Cotton Balls
*Bird seed
All you need to do is cut out your paper into the shape of a little house. You'll want the house to have the center cut out so that it appears to be the clear window of a Greenhouse. (See pictures below). Ella's is plain, but I think it would have been fun to let the kids color and decorate it. Next, take two or three cotton balls dipped in water and place them in the ziplock. Pour in some birdseed and tape the ziplock to the back of your little house. Be sure to keep the back of the ziplock bag open so that air can get in. Place your bag in a sunny place and wait for your seeds to grow!
We hung ours in the kitchen window. I didn't realize that bird seeds were really well...ummm..seeds?!? I mean, I KNEW they were seeds (hence the name)..I guess I just never ever thought to plant them and see what they grew!! The thing I loved the most about using the bird seed is that they have been super quick to grow. Literally a day or two after we brought them home they were starting to sprout. This is great for little ones because they can see almost instant results. Like I said, ours have only been growing for a little over a week!
All thanks for this craft goes to Ella's sweet teacher, Mrs. Debbie. We have just borrowed her idea to share with our friends because I know alot of you have small children and I thought you would enjoy this simple idea!
We have been sprinkling in some water every day or two to keep the cotton balls nice and moist..
Happy Growing!!

Thanks for sharing!! This would be fun to do with Eden and Covie!
ReplyDelete