Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Under the weather!

When Randy went to Florida a few weeks ago for work, he came back home with a yucky flu that he has been trying to shake ever since.  I nicknamed it the "Florida plague" because it was such a yucky virus.  Well...it was only a matter of time until it caught up with me and the little ones.  Sunday evening, I started feeling yucky and feeling all those dreaded flu symptoms..body aches, chills, dizziness, and a horrible headache!  Ella and Noah followed right behind me and by Monday morning we were all sick sick sick!!  Since then we have been slowly recovering and I think we are just about over it.  We've been fever free all day with just a little bit of a lingering cough.  The kids have been going a little stir crazy since I haven't been able to take them anywhere this week.  

Ella and I enjoyed the morning today while Noah napped playing together.  She was quite pitiful wanting someone to play with so I joined her for a tea party!  Then we played a couple rounds of "Don't Spill the Beans!" and "Ooh La La Tea Party" which is a little Fancy Nancy board game she has.

Here's a couple pics from the tea party :)

This is a "Jeffrey" who belongs to one of the babies I babysit.  Hailey left her at our house so Ella has been "babysitting" him until she comes back.  


and this is a Birthday cake Ella made for the party ;)

She is quite the little hostess!  Here is my drink and piece of cake that she cut for me!

My poor, sick, girl!!  Isn't she so sweet!  Even with the highest temp, her spirits were high and she was such a good girl!


 We woke up to rain this morning, but were super pleased when the wether man said it was going to turn out to be a warm day!  He was right!  It turned out to be a sunny 73 degree day!!  It was absolutely beautiful and such a nice change to the cold, gloomy days we've had this Winter.  They said it will be back to cold tomorrow, so we enjoyed playing outside and getting as much fresh air as we could!


 We decided to load up and go get corn dogs from Cook Out for lunch.  We brought it home and had a picnic on the back porch..



 Princess was watching in case anyone accidentally dropped their corn dog!
When I told Ella that we were going to go outside, she ran and got socks and shoes on..she grabbed purple socks and pink crocs! LOL!  She never ceases to make me giggle when she chooses her own clothes! Here she is swinging in the baby swing..

 Hope everyone is finding ways to stay warm and sane during this long, cold, Winter!  We are so thankful for a little break from the cold!!  Come on Spring and hurry up!

No comments:

Post a Comment