Monday, February 1, 2010

Ice Ice Baby

I'm sure you're all shocked to see that there's actually something new on my blog.
Since most of you have already seen our pictures from the snow this week on facebook (if not, click here) I decided to save some of the ones from yesterday to only post on here. To give you all something new, fresh, and special. ;)

We definitely had a blast playing in the snow!! Noah came out for maybe 10 minutes or so for pictures and then I took him back inside for a nap. He has been sick and I didn't want to keep him in the cold for too long) That gave the rest of us sometime to play! I feel bad for Ella having such silly, immature parents. We were um, well, really excited about the snow and acting like we were 12. Hopefully one day she will appreciate that about us (and not just be really embarrassed!)

A weekend "iced in" also involved Ella picking out her own clothes. This is always interesting.
Anyways, these are just a couple of the "aftermath" pics once everything iced over. We couldn't really "play" much in it, but we still walked around and crunched through the ice for fun. We also had a really fun time trying to get the van out from underneath the iceberg that had formed on top of it so that we could get out of the house awhile. We took a little trip to Sonic and let Ella run around in the van while we ate. That was the best we could do at getting "out". Still fun though!

Pardon some of the pics of all the icicles. Remember I'm from Florida, so I took alot of them from inside my cozy house just looking out the window. I know, I'm a wimp.

This picture is from yesterday morning. Since the roads were expected to be really iced over and slick in the morning, we weren't able to have church. This got the Pastor and staff of our church in creative mode and they decided to hold church online. They did everything by web cams on the staff's individual computers at their house. So somewhere around 140 people logged on and watched. Because Randy is the Worship Leader at Discovery, we got to sing and lead worship sitting on our couch in the living room with the web cam in front of us. It was one of the neatest things I've been a part of! So here is Randy the morning of, talking and working on the computer as they were preparing and making sure it was working right.

Sorry once again that my blog has been so boring and uneventful. I'm getting horrible at this, but I will get back going again! I have given myself my own little challenge to post something every day for one week straight. So keep checking back, because I am really going to work hard at actually posting again! :))

2 comments:

  1. Great pics. I am so glad that you former Floridians got to have fun in the snow.

    ReplyDelete