Monday, January 4, 2010

New Addition..


One of Ella's Christmas presents was that she got her own new pet. I used to love having pets when I was a kid! I always really loved them for a few months and then they usually became my mom's pets. I would call them "mine", but my mom had to do all the work to take care of them! So. I tried to keep this in mind when we got one for Ella. We also had to keep in mind that we have a dog that I already care for and a bird that is "Randy's" that I usually take care of, too.
We decided to start off easy and went with fish. We got her a little gallon and a half tank and we were going to get her just a couple of goldfish, but ended up deciding on a Beta. She is very fascinated by fish so we are going to see if she stays interested or if she gets bored with it. If she seems to enjoy the fish, then we would like to eventually get a bigger tank since Randy and I both like having fish as well.
When we asked Ella what she wanted to name her fish, she was very quick to answer that his name should be E-L-L-A. "But honey that spells your name..why don't we pick a different name for your fish..?" and Ella answers, "Hmm..okay! E..L...L...A"
So right now we have been calling it Miss Fishie. It actually started out being called Mr. Fishy by Ella, but since "he" lives in a pink room with pink decorations in "his" tank. I have finally got her to catch on to the "Miss" part. So it's usually Miss Fish or Miss Fishy.
Really original, I know.

More pictures of Miss fish in her new home to come soon, but Blogger is acting funny right now. I'll try again in an hour or so!

2 comments:

  1. Small fish do make the best pets. We finally just got rid of the dog because I couldn't deal with her anymore. We have had a beta fish since Oct of last year and it lives in a tiny container. Matt feeds him and sometimes changes his water, but other than that, he is maintenance free. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a beta that is the class pet right now... I have been wanting a big tank, maybe 20 gal., for a long time....was really hoping Fred was getting me one for Christmas, but now I am glad he didn't with the pending move. But I will def. work on getting one once in Tx!!

    ReplyDelete