Thursday, November 12, 2009

Noah's 5 Months!

Today little Noah turned 5 months old! Time has just flown by, yet (as I've said many times) we just couldn't imagine life without him here.
He's growing so much and just as sweet as could be. His personality is still so chilled out. He just loves to sit and watch people. He is soooo in love with his mommy and big sis which makes us feel pretty special ;)
He is rolling when he feels like it, reaching out to be picked up and grabbing everything he can get his hands on. Almost sitting up on his own, but still using the bopy or bumbo for now. His second tooth broke through this morning and they are too cute for words.
He's is pulling rank as the spoiled baby brother and manages to get what he wants from all three of us. He earned the name "Gummy Bear" while we were in TN because he is just so squishy and sweet lol.
Pure, wonderful, love for our sweet boy.
Hate that the camera strap ruined such a cute smiley picture!
Noah with one of the girls from the Daraja Children's Choir from Africa.


As for the rest of us, we are doing great. I am working again on Saturdays and really enjoying it! It's been great having some time out of the house and I have always loved my job, so it doesn't really feel like "work".


Ella is in Pre-School on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 9-12. This has been going so well for her. It was hard for me at first to get used to leaving her somewhere by herself. I have had the privilege to be home with her since she was born and I'm just used to having her with me all the time. Like my little side kick! We have both adjusted to the change and Ella is loving her time at school. She asks all the time if it's a school day or not. I'm also enjoying all the fun stuff she makes and brings home. I love crafts and I must say 2 year old crafts are just precious.
Ella's First Day of School


Ella also had a really big change come her way this past week. You see, she had still been sleeping with her paci at naps and night time. I never wanted to be "that mom" with "that kid" lol, but it was a lot harder than I thought to take something away from her that had become a huge sense of security to her. Since she was only sleeping with it in bed it didn't really seem like a big deal. Well, I knew it was time. And I had been dreading it, but after a week of preparing her with lots of talks about how babies needed pacis and since she was such a big girl now (who's completely potty trained woo hoo!) it was time to give her paci's to all the babies who needed them. I told her Sunday after church we were going to put all the paci's in the trash so that they could be recycled for the little babies (good thing she's only 2 and didn't realize that they actually went in the real trash..oops)
Well, Sunday afternoon was hard because she was so sad to see them go. Brace yourself for her sad, farewell picture below :(
The past few night have definitely been harder for her to fall asleep, but she is getting there and she hasn't been crying for it like she did on Sunday and Monday. I'm just glad to get it gone and over with. And I will definitely take it away much sooner with Noah :)
As for Randy. He is working hard and getting ready to start school full time in January. Very exciting. He has had some extra time at home with his new schedule and we have all really loved that!
Here are a couple more pics of the kiddos. Ella wanted to read a book to Noah. So sweet.
I am so happy that they love each other so much.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laci, I love the pictures of Ella's first day of school- awww, so sweet. She is always smiling and is so happy. And how she reads to Noah. Too cute. That was a good idea about the paci being recycled for all the babies that need them. Gosh, my sister told my neice that the birds took her paci's when they went to the beach and they were all gone. Geez- poor girl kept saying, "Bad birds". Why in the world did my sister do that, I guess she just didnt' know what to do. But what you did was so much better!! lol. Anyhow, Ella was so sweet at bible study the other night. Giving Natalia kisses and asking if she could help me put her in her car seat. I just hope Natalia is as sweet as her when she gets to be older.

    ReplyDelete