Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy

When Randy and I got married, we were given a set of couches. They were were used and had been passed down and eventually ended up at my Aunt's house. Once she was getting new ones, she decided to give Randy and I her old ones. Key word being old. ;)
We were so thankful for them and completely excited to get couches for free. As young newly weds, we were definitely in no shape to go buy ourselves news ones.
They have served their purpose well for almost 4 years. They are super comfy and great for watching movies, just not so pleasing to the eye. I have been wanting new couches for a long time. With Randy working on going back to school and being on a tight income so that I can be home with the kids as much as possible, going to buy brand new couches would be insane for us.


Well, you could imagine our excitement when some friends from church told us they were going to be getting a new set and wanted us to have their old ones. I was SO excited!

They are almost the exact set we had before, just in way better condition so they will fit in perfectly in our living room.
They just got "delivered" this afternoon and I am soooo happy.
I'm so thankful for the way God has always taken care of us and provided for us. And I'm really thankful that because we have worked hard to be with our kids and have very little debt, we are able to appreciate and treasure little things. Couches that were someone else's "trash" (not really) have become my treasure :)
It makes me smile, because I am so easily excitable with small things. Can you imagine how I will be the day I actually go pick out a brand new living room set for myself!?!
Here is an old pic where you can see the condition our old set was in.
I remember loading these pics onto the computer and cringing! Thinking, yikes we should have taken the pics somewhere else!
And now my "new" one!
I still haven't picked up new batteries yet, so I had to snag one quick picture before it died. There is a matching love seat as well.

-

4 comments:

  1. Laci, I am SO happy for you guys! That is awesome! We have a set that I got at a garage sale when we moved into our house 3 years ago and about 2 months ago my sister gave us a new one!! It is amazing how much a $300 couch means to me :) SO happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, that looks so nice! Isn't being poor fun? ;) You truly learn to appreciate life in a different way than if you were able to buy whatever you wanted whenever you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least you have heirloom couch being pass into the family unlike the necklet or ring, at least its there for everyone to have seat. anyhoo ur kids are adorable!! noah look so much like you laci!! i see LACI not RANDY !! whew...

    ReplyDelete