Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I think this is the most reflective Thanksgiving I've ever had. I'm sure like most of you, I have always had fond memories of Thanksgiving. It was always filled with family and tons of food. It was a life changing exprerience to spend it with children who literally have maybe a bag full of posessions, yet are the happiest kids you will ever meet. They are just enjoying life and could care less about material things. We had the opportunity to learn alot about their day to day lifes and how they live. Thankfully a majority of them live in an orphange that is funded by different supporters so they are recieving food and an education. One of the orphanages where 12 or so of the choir members are from, also recently purchased cows that they can milk to sell. They are hoping to start raising some chickens soon, too. I encourage anyone able to look into helping out in any way you can. They have a great web page to check out, too!
I have some more candid shots I wanted to share with you from yesterday..hope you enjoy them!!
Ella and Grace
The line of food..
Enjoying lunch..yum yum!
Randy and Ella having left overs that night at Ralph and Hazel's house
Me with Natalie and Ella

and here's one more video I took yesterday while they were singing and dancing for us..

No comments:

Post a Comment