I'm going to start something new on Saturdays..It's called "Then sings my Soul Saturdays" I'm really excited about it! Every Saturday (or at least MOST Saturdays) I will post a song that has in some way or another affected my life. There will be a link that will lead you to the site of the woman who started the whole thing, too. There you can read other's posts, too.
We'll see how it goes..SO...
This is my very first edition :)

This week I have chosen Hillsong "None but Jesus"
I've had one of those months where lots of stuff seems to go wrong. Most of my prayers seemed to be about things that were going wrong. Some for finances. Lots that my Uncle wouldn't die, then more following that to help us get through his death. For sickness. For things that were going wrong around the house.
Through all of the bad stuff, this song's lyrics really spoke to me. God has shown me that no matter what else happens, He is the one constant. I have learned that there is always going to be "junk" happening..I loved the way Perry Noble put it in last weeks message. God is bigger than all of it!
This song is the prayer of my heart..I hope you will take the time to listen to it.
NONE BUT JESUS
In the quiet, in the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
I know there I am restored
When You call I won’t refuse
Each new day again I’ll choose
There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise
In the chaos, in confusion
I know You’re Sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me grace to do Your will
When You call I won’t delay
This my song through all my days
All my delight is in You Lord
All of my hope, all of my strength
All my delight is in You Lord
Forevermore
Hey sweetie,
ReplyDeleteThat was one of your best blogs yet. Except the ones with Ella pics, of course. That is a really cool sight. Look foward to seeing how God uses more songs to touch your heart.
Papa Strick
Thanks Laci! It's nice to hear a song to lift you up now and then. I looked at the link about "Then Sings my Soul Saturdays" and was able to connect with some online resources for Christian women. Thanks! I would have never found them without your help! Hope Randy is feeling much much better!!!!
ReplyDeleteJanina Dorriety
Love that song too! God Rocks!
ReplyDelete