So, we have been under attack a little bit in the Strickland house. However, I think our family has never been stronger. I'll explain. First, on Thursday, we came home to some black stuff in the bottom of our showers. Washed it out and thought nothing of it. We've had a good bit of rain so I figured maybe our septic tank was a little too full from the rainfall. Well Friday, when we were running the washing machine, we ended up with soapy water in the showers. Everything was backed up. Our toilets had overflowed and dumped poop water all over the bathrooms and had soaked some of the carpet in our room. Crappy day! LoL! I was told by cousin David who is a plumber down in Florida that there is only one rule in plumbing: the poop has to roll downhill. It wasn't. So after three days of no indoor plumbing at our house, we got it fixed.
Second, Ella and I are both a little under the weather. Ella has been having stomach issues. She gets constipated really easy so we've had to be giving her suppositories. Not fun for her or us. On top of that, she's cutting some new teeth. I'm in the middle of another sinus infection myself. Trying not to get mommy sick :-)
Also, my Grandpa who lives Las Vegas has had a brain hemorrhage and is still suffering some memory loss and is not really getting any better and hasn't for the last month. My mom and her side of the family have had to make some tough choices and have had to try and clean up some things they never should have had t clean up. Tough stuff going on.
However, there's a ton going great. It's weird, sometimes when things are going wrong it's easy to get caught focusing on that. I get caught up in all the negative and even start looking harder for things hat aren't going right. It gets easy to compound things. I definitely fall into this trap. But I'm trying to get better. So, this time Laci and I are trying to audibly tell each other what God has one for us in the past and what He's doing for us now and it really has helped us (me) to remember that God is good in every circumstance we find ourselves in. Laci and I are really grateful and have been able to keep a pretty good attitude about things. God is good and He promises that he will meet our needs. The more we say that to ourselves, the easier it has been to stay focused on how good God is. I know I've totally been rambling, but just wanted to give everyone a little insight in our house. I'll get some pics up soon and I'm sure Laci will get some more Ella pics up too. Love you guys.
Appreciate what you said about talking about your blessings out loud. We're gonna try that.
ReplyDeleteKeep finding God in the situations. It's when we're struggling that we see His face the most. It's when things are going smooth that we don't look to Him. So just keep finding the good. I'm proud of you guys. You have a nice little family.
ReplyDeleteMama
Just wanted to let you know we miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteawww....Randy....Your faith even in all things crappy is amazing! Keep up the good work Mister!
ReplyDeleteWhat is so neat about marriage is that God has matched us so we balance each other out. When one of us sees negative, the other miraculously finds the upside. Keep seeking God - He provides us with rose-colored glasses. Hmmm, maybe the rose-color is just for Laci. You can choose whatever color works for your analogy. :-)
ReplyDelete