It's amazing to me how much Mother's Day has changed for me since becoming a mom. There's the obvious, that since I'm actually a Mother now, I get to enjoy the holiday myself. But there's a bigger transformation that has been so amazing to experience. See, I have never doubted my whole life how much my mom loves me. I grew up always extremely close to her. We've aways been a very affectionate family and my mom has always told me over and over again how much she loves me or how proud she is of me. I've never doubted that for one second. BUT, it wasn't until I had my own baby, that I actually understood that love. Like why she tells me so much. When I held my own babies for the first time, it finally clicked why Mother's do everything they do. It's that overwhelmingly intense love. I could cry just thinking about it right now. To love a person so much and feel so connected to them. It's just really incredible.
To my Momma: I love you so much. You have been the best Mom. I find myself acting just like you and telling Ella things you used to tell me. It makes me laugh.
You're my best friend. The person I talk to daily..sometimes with nothing really to talk about! Thanks for always being there and always knowing the right thing to say. I love you so much. I miss you every day. And thanks for being the best "Dolly" around and giving my babies everything they could ever want..and then some!

I wish I were there so that I could give you a big hug, You make me so proud and watching you with your babies warms my heart so much, you are such a good mommy. I'm so thankful for those two precious grandbabies. Love you baby!
ReplyDelete