Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trying not to be a slacker..but..

I hate when I neglect my blog and I keep doing it!!
We have been so busy..We ended up going to Georgia right after we got back from West Virginia.
But we're home now and I'm so glad :)

I'll post some pics on here from WV at the end, but first I'll catch you up on life..
Hmm..where to start!?!?

Well, a few posts ago I mentioned that there was some big stuff going on with us. Maybe big was an understatement and huge would be a better word! A few weeks ago, Randy lost his job and we have been trying to make some tough decisions about what's next for us. We've decided that since Randy has been wanting to finish school for awhile now, it's time to move closer to family. This has kept us emotionally exhausted because on one hand we're excited about the new opportunities to come, but yet were so sad to leave behind the friends and church we love. It has been a rollercoaster feeling like it's a great decision one second and then complete panic the next, but now that we've had time to process it all, we are really excited about what's to come. Now as if our life wasn't busy enough with two little ones, we get to throw packing into the mix! Somewhere around the first or second week in September, we're off to Decaturville, TN Home of the Largest Coon Hunt in the World lol
Don't believe me?? Watch this!!

Yes, my friends..Randy and I are off to live the simple life surrounded by animals and bugs. If you have any "coon hunting" skills, better pass them on to Randy LOL. He can't wait to try out his skills as a farmer..me...I'm slightly nervous about the hour drive to Wal Mart and lack of socialization, but I think I will survive ;)
We will most likely be renting our house out so keep your ears open for anyone wanting to rent a 3 bedroom, 2 bath!

Noah had his 2 month visit yesterday and was so pitiful when it came time for shots ;( He broke my heart!! They said he looked great- 50% for weight and 60% for height..I can't believe my little guy is already 11 pounds 14 oz!! Since he started out bigger it just seems like he's growing so fast!! We go to the cardiologist later on today to find out what type of heart murmur he has and if they think it will close on it's own. The appointments at 1:45 so hopefully it will go well!

Ella is doing great and keeping busy. She talks SO MUCH! Wehave nicknamed her "Repeat" because she literally copies us all day. This morning she was playing with an empty baby bottle and she was determined to have it filled with water. I told her if she put water in it I would have to take it away..that it was only for pretend. (Especially since there is only one place she can reach to get water...eewww!) Well, a few minutes later she came back and I could tell the bottle was wet..the conversation went something like this..
Me "Ella, the bottle is wet! You disobeyed mommy.."
Ella "I didn't!"
Me "The bottle is wet and mommy told you not to put any water in it"
Ella, " No, mom. It's soda!!"

Ughh! She had dipped it in the glass of soda I set on the table earlier. lol. She was right, I said no WATER so she thought the soda would work fine..and the whole "no mom" thing ?? Not sure where she got that from as apposed to mommy lol. Gotta love having a two year old..they sure are sneaky! Still had to take the bottle away, but I am impressed with her thinking!

Well, here are some pics from West Virginia. We had a great time!! There are alot more pictures, but most of them are on facebook and I didn't feel like waiting forever to repost them lol
At a lookout at Mt. Pilot


Our home away from home in WV
The biggest, scariest bridge ever! It was beautiful to view, but so scary to drive on. The would be a LONG fall! Here are some stats on it from Wikipedia:
The New River Gorge Bridge is a steel-arch bridge, in Fayetteville, West Virginia, United States. With a length of 3,030 feet (924 m), it was for many years the longest in the world of that type.[2] Its arch extends 1,700 feet (518 m). Part of U.S. Highway 19, it is crossed by an average of 16,200 motor vehicles per day.

Me and my silly girl!

Noah-2 months old

4 comments:

  1. You have two beautiful little ones there! I'll be praying for you guys as you transition to a new place. Are you serious about Wal-Mart being an hour away? Ahhhh. That would drive me crazy. I go crazy if I don't get out of the house at least once a day, even if it's a run to the bank. I'm sure it just takes adjustment though! It will be exciting to see what God will do in this next chapter of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I love updates!!! THe babies are so beautiful, cant wait to see them more. I am so glad that you guys are coming this way to be near family. Its been so nice just talking to you and getting some baby advice. It has been working good, but I will tell you more on that later.
    Sky is already 10 pounds so the boys will be close in size!! LoL. And lil Miss Ella, you got one smarty on your hands!! She is going to keep your brain going trying to out think her!! I love you and cant wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yall are leaving...? It just won't be the same without you, Ella, and Randy running around. I mean who am I going to talk fighting with after church?? Well I know that where ever yall go, the Lord will bless and keep you and if yall need help moving random large object, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't leave Noah out...he just isn't running around yet...

    ReplyDelete